RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-05-2009, 10:49 AM   #1
Breeze
dizzy dyke

Advice on transferring within voluntry job.

I am struggling with working with homeless people with St John Ambulance and whenever I have done public duties (not homeless ppl btu races and events etc) I have really enjoyed it.

I want to transfer but feel really guilty as the Homeless unit is struggling for money and they have paid to train me quite a bit and by moving to another division I feel it be cheeky and I'd get a disloyal name for it.

I am trying to see it as people do move on in work and switch roles etc but this is voluntry and I feel bad for wanting to move.

Also how do I explain myself? I wanna move as apart from not enjoying it as much I find it really hard to deal with drink drugs and MH all the time. I have more satifaction dealing with cuts and sprains etc.
It is affecting me in a way I am starting to dread my duties.

I am also struggling with ED to point i find duties hard esp also after SI recently. I need a break. And if I took one and then returned to the other devision i think it be better for me.

But how to tell? How to word it right without them finding out I have SI'd (they think I'm in recovery) and I don't them to know about anorexia either.

Oh I hate things like this!

Any advice or suggestions?
I proberbly need to tell them by end of week regarding needing break as I suspect I'm on duty next week which at the rate I'm going I can't do it.

I want to kiss the bottom of the ocean before I burst through its surface into the sunlight, otherwise I will always be wondering about what was left unseen at the bottom

i'm tired of chasing my dreams.
i'm just gonna ask where they're going,
and hook up with them later.

Previously Kelpie

Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 28-05-2009, 12:51 PM   #2
Silver Phoenix
Oooooh, there's a monkey!!

I am currently:

Tell them that you are finding things difficult. If they know you used to SI then you can tell them that it's making your problems resurface and that you want to change things now to stop them getting any worse.

Say you feel you would better suited elsewhere as you will able to reach your full potential doing something else.

Just be as honest with them as you can be and explain you reason like you have done here for wanting to transfer and I'm sure they'll understand.

Good luck with it.

PM ME - I always welcome a random PM :)

Silver Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2009, 02:25 PM   #3
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

Honesty works wonders. Before I moved to hospices, i volunteered with MH adolescents. At the time, I couldn't cope.I was being triggered everyday. I was honest,and they moved me. No problems. Loyalty extends both ways.

Good luck love:)

Imperfection is underrated.

Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:35 PM   #4
Breeze
dizzy dyke

I told her today. I said I was finding it hard to work with people with MH,drug and alcohol problems and that I would like to transfer to another unit. I said which unit and she was fine. Well upset to see me wanting to go. But OK with it.

she will do the form to 'release me' so I am able to start with the 'regular' devision.

I shall prob start in July.

I want to kiss the bottom of the ocean before I burst through its surface into the sunlight, otherwise I will always be wondering about what was left unseen at the bottom

i'm tired of chasing my dreams.
i'm just gonna ask where they're going,
and hook up with them later.

Previously Kelpie

Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:04 PM   #5
HopeRises

Glad to hear it went well hun.
#good luck in the new division.

Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in

HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)