Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-05-2009, 06:54 PM   #1
Ami
Perfectly Flawed

I am currently:
how to deal with being so "ugly"

hey

i know beauty is in the eye of the beholder etc, but i see myself as being really ugly. i have acne and im overweight, so yeah im not just making it up out of the blue.

anyhoo, *feels really nervous about this post*... i dont know how to deal with it. i have been on millions of acne treatments, i see a dermataologist.

i guess i could loose weight, i just need a bit of motivation. i just feel so down and uncomfortable about the way i look. i feel so UGLY. i feel sooo jealous. i dont even have any good aspects of personality either, i used to be good at lots of stuff but since the psychosis i have cognitive problems so i cant do anything either.

sorry this is an incredabily moany thread.. i just need to let it out i guess . thanks foor reading if u get this far xxx

I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.

Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2009, 07:05 PM   #2
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

ami you are not ugly.
if you feel acne is a bit of a problem the ask your doctor for something to cotrol it. if you feel a bit on the bloated side try a little exercise. it helps make you feel better

88shelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2009, 07:16 PM   #3
Ami
Perfectly Flawed

I am currently:

hey shell, i have been on a billion of acne treatments but i cant go on roaccutane(stuff that would garuntee to work) just yet.

i could start off doing a bit of a walk a day, maybe 30 min gental walk xxx

Old 24-05-2009, 07:23 PM   #4
Frenemies
[Alive out of Habit]

I am currently:

*Big hugs* I can really relate to how your feeling, infact I could have written that post out myself!

I had a problem with acne awhile ago, I'm not sure how severe yours is, but I went over to the doctor and got some tablets I think they were Lymecycline or something like that, not sure if you've already tried them, but they really helped me, drinking alot of water helps too, and of course diet can aswell.

As for losing weight, it can be/is very hard to get up the motivation when you feel down. Do you have someone you could exercise with, someone to keep your spirits up? It makes alot of difference having someone cheer you on.

I feel like that was a totally useless post! I hope it helps a bit though.

Broken Smile . Starless Sky . End it All . Say Goodbye...

Frenemies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2009, 07:34 PM   #5
tigris
I tried to be perfect, it just wasn't worth it.

I am currently:

I can really relate you your post as well, I feel overweight but I can't make myself stick to any weightloss plan at all, or even eat smaller portion sizes as I manage to 'forget' (??) that I'm supposed to be doing it. So I therefore get really down when I realise how much I ate and that I forgot again. The best way for me to get over this is to only have healthy snacks around, so when I do forget that I'm supposed to be eating heathily the only stuff I have to snack on is like raisins and cereal bars etc.

The going on a walk a day thing sounds like a really good start. You could walk to college/school/uni/work/shopping instead of the bus or something - or if thats too far you could just walk to one bus stop further on than you would normally or something - which might save a bit of money too!

Also cooking your own food could help your skin as well as your weight. It helps keep you busy during the day and it can be really fun planning the meals you are going to eat. Having a plan of what you are going to eat can stop you snacking as well as you look forward to it!

Hope some of this helps, take care xx

I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell.
I know, right now you can't tell.
But stay a while and maybe then you'll see
A different side of me Unwell - Matchbox 20

"Why inflict pain on oneself, when so many others are ready to save us the trouble?"
George Pacaud (1879 - 1937)

tigris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2009, 08:02 PM   #6
Zedebee
It's okay not to be okay

I am currently:

First of all I just want to say that 'ugly' can be such a subjective word. I know it can be hard but try not think of yourself that way.

Does your dermatologist think there's something they could do to help? Do you drink a lot of water? It might seem a bit obvious but drinking a decent amount of water each day can really help things.

In terms of your weight, have you got somebody that can help keep you motivated? Maybe somebody who can work on a healthy eating and exercise plan with you? I agree the going on a walk every day thing is a good start.

The only time you will find real light is when you're searching in the dark..

Zedebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 12:19 AM   #7
Solstice
No longer inpatient

I am currently:

In order to get motivation to go onto your walks take your pet with you. That's what I do, I take my dog and my ipod and he gets sooo excited when I ask him if he wants to go for a walk that-that alone motivates me.

I am sure you aren't ugly, many many of us feel "ugly" try to look at yourself and see something beautiful. For example, and this is small, but I think I have great nail beds, even the smallest thing that you find about yourself can be an incredible boost to your self-confidence. The more confident you are the more motivated you will be to keep yourself healthy, in turn making you happier with your image :).

Please feel free to PM me at anytime you need a motivational pick-me-up.
Take care
xx
Nic

Angels are friends who support you when your wings forget to fly.

Solstice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 05:44 AM   #8
blondiebear
Bringing back the lost art of Sewing

I am currently:

A little bit of exercise helps. It doesn't matter what it is, just more movement than you usually do. Even if you just bounce around the house to some music as you do your chores. Or play catch with a friend. I sometimes kick a soccer ball around the little grassy area behind our condo-flat.

I had acne until I was in my 20's. I still get the odd spot. I understand about that.

Find what you like about yourself and play that up. For example I have great hair, soft and thick, and a good color. My eyes are hidden behind thick glasses. I have nice little ears. Find a couple of things you like in your appearance and focus on that.

Be the kind of person you want to be. That becomes part of your appearance too, when people see that you have a good loving heart. The rest may fade or change, but a loving heart always shines through.

My husband is my best friend.

In forgiving others, we are not exonerating them. They may not deserve exoneration. Rather, in forgiving others we are giving up our anger over the fact that what happened is not what "should" have happened or that our life is not the way it "should" have been.

blondiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 10:15 AM   #9
MeganAlmighty

I am currently:

I get jelous of people too :( so you're deffo not lone there.

(But seriuosly i dont think you're ugly, i've seen pics of you.)

I dont know much about acne but i am bit overweight too.I also (as above) take my doggy for a walk with my ipod and i've bought a little stepper thingy for in my room it was only £20 from Argos!

I wish you all the look in the world with this, chic, i realy do
Meg x

🌎 Mama Earth 🌏

MeganAlmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 12:40 PM   #10
susieannah
Control is an illusion

I am currently:

I just wanted to let you know that I'm reading this and thinking of you. I feel overweight and yet lack the motivation to really stick to a weight loss regime. Could you maybe rope a friend into exercising with you? Sorry I'm not much use, I feel a bit the same, at a loss for what to do! *hugs*

susieannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 01:20 PM   #11
Ami
Perfectly Flawed

I am currently:

^^ you've just give me a good idea! get a skipping rope :)

im really greatful for everyones reply and support, getting started is the hardest part. im not a lot overweight, just a bit.

*hugs everyone*

xxx

Old 11-06-2009, 09:55 AM   #12
plastic rose
tough cookie.

I am currently:

I understand. I have had acne since I was 11 and I'm 21 now. I still get it badly on my face and chest and it's the most depressing thing. I say, take the plunge and try the Accutane. What have you got to lose?

s a r a h
* pm me * eating disorders info *
"Between two worlds life hovers like a star,
twixt night and morn, upon the horizon's verge."
- Lord Byron

plastic rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:16 PM   #13
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

im ugly
and im overweight
doing weight watchers though, which is really helpful.
and going to the gym ¬_¬

so i know how you are feeling

p.s you ARE NOT ugly!!

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:30 PM   #14
BunnythesAINT
Confused.

I am currently:

I think we all do, from time to time. Really, I think before you make any changes, you should do something to really kind of...learn to love yourself now. How will you ever love yourself, or see yourself differently, if you can't like the way you are now?
Loosing weight and getting rid of acne, etc, etc will make a physical change, but you may not be able to see if you can't like yourself now?

Let's put a smile on that face

We are not alone
Find out when your cover's blown
There'll be somebody there to break your fall
We are not alone
'Cause when you cut down to the bone
We're really not so different after all

RACHEL!!

BunnythesAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:46 AM   #15
consequential

i doubt u r 'ugly' everyone hates themselve really
when i was younger and a size 8 i hated myself and i was stunning and now i look back and thing **** what was i thinking .
when ur on meds ull put on weight .im very overweight now but i wouldnt consider myself ugly cos im a lot older than u id say and i have had life experience
im not being an asshole im just saying when ur young u think ur ugly but its just youth
no one is ugly ,hello i have been on the internet dating scene and ther is nothing i havent seen
most of the guys out there were ' normal ' not ugly
no one is ugly unlesss they have been in a horrific accident
just listen maybe you havent been in a relationship yet and therefore you dont know how beautiful you are to others
you can pm me if you want
i will talk to you about anything you want ill always around
and ur not ugly ,ur a lovely person cos i have read ur posts and i like u already cos ur so nice u dont even know so
everyone is beautiful in their own way its finding the way inside thier soul

consequential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009, 05:56 AM   #16
KeepLosingMyWay*

I am currently:

Heya =].
Having acne, and being overweight - they don't make you ugly.
You are and have always been YOU. These things don't change the person you are, they dont change your good points, like for example, having a nice smile ect.
Your not ugly.

I've suffered with acne, and still do occasionally, in the past trying loads of different treatments. Is there a reason why you can't try roaccutain? It really helped mine. It didnt cure it, i stil get breakouts sometimes, but helped clear the worst up.

One thing which might help your skin, could be eating more fruit and veg if you dont already? Excersice is good too =].
Try using different face washes, masks ect.
Cleanse tone and moisturise twice a day, and maybe keep some facial wipes in your bag for if you feel your skin has got a little greesy during the day.

Do you use makeup? I use maybeline dream matte mouse foundationa and rimmel matte powder over, which i find gives pretty good coverage. Maybe wear it when you go out, to give you more confidence, then take it off when you get in, to avoid the foundation clogging up your pours for too long.

I hope things get better for you. pm me whenever. x

KeepLosingMyWay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009, 03:11 PM   #17
Beth07
..too weird to live too rare to die...

I am currently:

I'm sure you're not ugly, I don't have acne so I can't really comment on that but I am overweight. I'm currently trying to eat less and exercise more and I feel I'm becoming more motivated at time goes on. Personally I feel really chuffed when I weigh myself and see that I've lost a pound, even though it's only one pound it's a step in the right direction.

I think it's about making small managable changes to your lifestyle that can be maintained and hopefully then you'll see results. It's great that you've decided to go for walks walking is a great exercise I think, I walk my dogs a lot, does me good and they enjoy it too lol.

Like people have previously mentioned make up might be a good idea, I usually feel better about myself if I've got make up on.

I hope you start to feel better about yourself, you can pm me anytime if you like, take care :) x

...Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear...

Beth07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009, 03:28 PM   #18
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

To be honest love, I think the fact you're on a site like this, willing to offer help and support to other people shows you *do* have a great personality :)

I understand where you're coming from... There are days, weeks when I can't stand to look in any reflective surface becasue I despise myself that much... But I try to remind myself, even though I may not have a lovely pretty face like some, or legs like that girl over there, or the greatest ability to tell a joke in public, I am me - and that's all I need to be.

Tis human nature to compare yourself to other people sweet, but you're *you* and you're loved for who *you* are. Once you see that, you start to feel better and more confident in yourself which increases mood and motivation.

*holds* You're an amazing person for who you are, not for who you compare yourself to.

Imperfection is underrated.

Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009, 04:12 PM   #19
Katiee
It's full of lonely.

I am currently:

I can relate to this. Remember you're not ugly. Please don't think that.
Though I've learnt to not hate myself and like myself which at the moment I do. Though it wasn't easy to do that. *hugs*
Maybe you could do like 30 minutes exercise a day which will help you loose weight and feel better about yourself. Also maybe you could visit the doctor and ask what would be the best treatment for your acne?
I've been using some lotion from the doctors and it works very well. (:

Hope you're alright. xo.

<3.

Katiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2009, 01:17 AM   #20
I-Feel-Infinite
Jess ~♥

I am currently:

Acne wise - Have you tried going on the pill... I was on Dianette for a while and it cleared up ALOT....
And hula hooping is fun AND effective!
BUT...
You're not ugly though! And do you know how I know that? Because I don't think anyone is ugly...
as ugly DEFINITELY comes from within.... and you say you have no good personality traits? I beg to differ as that's not for you to decide - you are GORGEOUS and we can all feel that by you presence on this site... Never think you're ugly...

As a little kid you believed in fairytales,
that fantasy of what your life would be: white dress; prince charming who would carry you away to a castle on a hill.
You closed your eyes and had complete and utter faith.
Eventually you grow up. One day you open your eyes and the fairy tale disappears.
But the thing is, it's hard to let go of that fairytale entirely because almost everyone has that smallest bit of hope, of faith,
that one day they will open their eyes and it will come true.

I-Feel-Infinite is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)