|
|
 |
|
11-12-2008, 08:57 AM
|
#1
|
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Australia
I am currently: 
|
which path to chose
I have a interview with someone tomorrow about a job in the motor parts industry. I have done this type of work before but not sure if I'm ready to start working again, especially full time. I haven't worked in nearly a year and I am supposed to be studying IT next year. My pension doesn't allow me to work/study more than 15 hours a week. I will only be studying part time which will leave 10 hours that I can work. I would like to do something part time but I'm not sure how theyr'e going to react if I tell them I can only do 10 hours. I spoke to him on the phone and he didn't state whether the position he needed to fill was part time, full time or casual. I'm just a little confused and I hate this type of feeling. I really want to get back into work but I know I'm not ready for 9 to 5 just yet and I don't want to lose my pension and take the job and then if it doesn't work out or if I have another breakdown, I will have no income at all and will starve to death. I'm thinking of maybe just playing it safe and tell him the situation. I'm so damn confused. I hate being on welfare but I don't like taking risks that are like playing Russian roulette. I just wish I knew what to do. Has anyone ever been in this situation or something similar? I really would appreciate some advise.
Thank you,
Nathan
|
|
|
|
|
|
11-12-2008, 10:16 AM
|
#2
|
|
Manic-Peaceful-Chaos
Join Date: Jul 2007
I am currently: 
|
I haven' been in the situation - but my advice (what I would do) is go to the interview anyway. It will be ok. At the end of the day you can find out about the job & if it turns out to be more hours than you want, but its a job that you really would like - they might be able to find away around it... its worth a try!
Hope everything goes well! xxx
|
I know its a wonderful world.
|
|
|
|
12-12-2008, 07:27 AM
|
#3
|
|
It's okay. I have a supersoaker.
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over there and to the left
I am currently: 
|
Hi sweets :) I think be upfront and honest. Never mislead a potential employer. *cuddles* GOOD LUCK!
|
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss
|
|
|
|
12-12-2008, 08:11 AM
|
#4
|
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area
|
I agree go for the interview. It's something you have experience in, which really helps.
As to the part time - suggest that if they offer you the job, they could take someone else on and have it as a job share.
|
|
|
|
|
|
13-12-2008, 01:07 AM
|
#5
|
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Australia
I am currently: 
|
I went to the interview anyway. As it turned out he was looking for someone to work full time. I told him I couldn't do that because I have other commitments, ie studying next year. I also mentioned that if he ever needed someone casual or part time I would consider that. You get to know what people are like in an interview, he didn't seem like a wanker, unlike a lot of people who have interviewed me in the past. I wouldn't say I have a negative feeling towards the whole interview thing, I would say more neutral but it did go better than I had expected. I just hope I made the right decision. Part of me still feels bad because employment in country towns isn't so easy to find.
|
|
|
|
|
|
13-12-2008, 08:34 AM
|
#6
|
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area
|
You've taken a really good step forward. True, you didn't get the job, but it was a good interview experience, and those count for a lot. [I know from the 2 or more years I spent in continuous interviews...]
|
|
|
|
|
|
16-12-2008, 11:16 PM
|
#7
|
|
phoenixflames
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: U.K
I am currently: 
|
*sends lots of hugs*
Try not to feel bad about it, you have to look after you first, not the state of employment in this country.
Am glad your interview went well because it shows you, you can do it, it just wasn't the right time.
Take some time now to take care of yourself, and also if you still want a part time job, try a google search that will lead you to employment sites were you can tailer searches to what would suit you best.
Take care and PM me anytime!
Phoenix xxxx
|
Wish i could tie you up in my shoes....make you feel unpretty too...
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see......
You're still here in my heart.
I gots lei'd in vets ;D
|
|
|
|
18-12-2008, 07:46 AM
|
#8
|
Join Date: Nov 2008
I am currently: 
|
well done for going and having a good interview... also for knowing what you need right now (ie part time not full time work) and being clear about that.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
|
|
|
Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:14 PM.
|
|