RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-12-2008, 02:09 AM   #1
jellytot
Kate
 
jellytot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Milton Keynes
I am currently:
Adult - I NEED A DRINK

I NEED A DRINK .....

I WENT TO THE PUB TODAY WITH MY FRIEND , AND WE GOT A BEER ,
I HAVE HAD A GOOD LOT TO DRINK THIS WEEK BUT , SHE ONLY GOT ME A HALF , I DIDNT HAVE ANY MONEY .
I WAS WAITING FOR TH BUS CRAVING MORE LARGER ...
I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO I CANT LET THIS GET OUT OF CONTROL ,
.................................................. .................................................. ..






aaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh





jellytot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 11:58 AM   #2
SecretMe
At Home on RYL
 
SecretMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere, USA
I am currently:

Before I even say it- I know it is easier said than done and is almost silly in being so simple but I will say it anyway...

If you know this make get out of control, you don't want it to, you are worried about your self, and you know there are so many people here who care and worry....

Please avoid the triggers and get rid of anything you have that might tempt you. Don't go to the pub. Ask your friends to meet you somewhere else to do something fun. Be creative. Do some other things that keep your mind off it with company...you can still go out and go to places that don't serve alcohol.

And maybe do a few things on your own for awhile until you feel you have yourself under some control and the cravings aren't so stronsg.

Use other coping skill and outlets...whatever drinking is taking you away from...try to face it and beat it. Art therapy works well for me.. or journaling, coming here, exercising in a way that you actually like- for example I live near the mountains and there is a beautiful place to rock climb and when you get to the top yuo can see the whole city and I bring my journal with me....

Find things like that, that take you away from what you feel is trying to pull you under and take control over you instead of you having control over it. i believe you can do it. And if you need our support and help we are always here.

*hugs*

Hang in there.




Here Supporting You,
~SecretMe~


SecretMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:11 AM.