RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20-11-2008, 05:38 PM   #1
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area
What is Love?

... well, what is love?

I know it's something around I have lots of destructive defences, and I need to find it in my heart.
First for myself, and then for others.

All I know is right now, my heart aches.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 05:48 PM   #2
((deleted))
~Ruth~
 
((deleted))'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Thanet
I am currently:

I don't think anyone else can tell you what love is; every person has a different interpretation of it.

I know you will find it, and your own meaning, in your heart.

Take care,
Ruth
xxxx



"Has anyone seen my contact lens? It may be stuckto a tree or a rock or something. Oh boy, I am so grounded" Family Guy
if everyone cared and nobody cried, if everyone loved and nobody lied, if everyone shared and swallowed their pride, we'd see the day that nobody died


!!!! I got lei'd in Vets !!!!



((deleted)) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 05:49 PM   #3
Queen Crabbit
Are you a florist?
 
Queen Crabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
I am currently:

I don't believe in a "god". However, the closest thing that I have come to finding a "god" is "love". I am, of course, not just talking about romantic love, but the love for friends and humanity too.

To answer your question, you first have to know what kind of love it is that you're talking about. The love of a mother for a child is different to that of a child for the mother. Different to that is love for friends, and different to that is love for family. Different to that is love for a partner or lover. Different to that is the love for a pet. Different to that is love with oneself, and learning to love yourself.




&& then buffy staked edward. the end.


Queen Crabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 06:29 PM   #4
Heidi Tiger
Loon NOS
 
Heidi Tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Nottingham
I am currently:

I'm so tempted to start quoting moulin rouge:

Love is a many splendoured thing
Love lifts us up where we belong
All you need is love.

etc etc





Reality leaves a lot to the imagination


Heidi Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 06:38 PM   #5
Margo
 
Margo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I am currently:

Chelsea is 100% right about the differing kinds.

Im hazzarding a guess that you are not talking about romantic love here however.

Platonic love for someone or thing is just something you "know" really. Its doesnt need questioning, its just "there" i guess. I know thats lame but i really cant quantify it at all.

Love for oneself shouldnt, (as it often does), be confussed with some sort of narciscism (sp?). Self love is a state of mind i think. Its a feeling of contentment and at peace with yourself. Its where you are able to respect yourself, physically and emotionally. Having a sense of inner trust/knowing/being and peace. Its where you do not have to feel guilty for putting yourself first as long as its not at the detriment of others. Its about listening to your body and minds needs and helping it to nourish them. Nurturing ones self. Its about making you the best you that you can be! (lotta you's there). Its about giving yourself loads of hugs, mataphorically speaking. Its about realising ultimately that you deserve and are capable of all of the above.

Overwhelmingly subjective of course but those were the first things that came to mind.

Matthew x

Margo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 06:44 PM   #6
littlelou
 
littlelou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: scotland
I am currently:

i agree with whats been said. hope you find what your looking for.

hugs



The glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time you fall. (chinese proverb)

We can cure physical disease with medicine but the only cure for loneliness, despair and hopelessness is love. There are many in the world who are dying for a piece of bread but there are many more dying for a little love.(mother teresa)



littlelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 08:34 PM   #7
fragile as glass
such a beautiful disaster
 
fragile as glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I am currently:

If you mean romantic love then im no help to you. Ive never been blessed enough to be in love.

Other love is different and we all need to have some form of love in our lives (chelseys list was good)



GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CANNOT CHANGE
THE COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS I CAN
AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE


Don't let the sphincter's get you down


fragile as glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 12:56 PM   #8
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

Thanks everyone.
Matt, you're right. I'm not really talking about romantic love here, although of course that would be part of it. What I'm facing is a primal inability to love others, to feel love, because of huge amounts of envy, jealousy, hatred and anger.
I'm really scared, because, well. It explains so much. But surely people will run away from someone like me, not even giving me a chance to experience love. But no, actually I run away from others because I'm jealous and angry.

I'm not a cold person. I'm not. I have tears in my eyes as I'm typing this. I can be cold. But that aches. It really aches.

I want to be at peace with myself and others, hold my conflicts in awareness but not act them out so that my relationships are damaged or incomplete. I want ... to feel as a whole person does.

I do feel concern, I have felt tenderness and empathy. I do have insight.
I'm just blindsided by this bomb of internal envy and hatred and longing.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 01:03 PM   #9
((deleted))
~Ruth~
 
((deleted))'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Thanet
I am currently:

I think, love is very connected to hate, jelousy(sp?) and anger. It is a very strong and powerful emotion.
I have also been very afraid to love anyone, or to express that because i was so afraid of rejection. It is not unusual to feel this way Katie, especially when you have survived bullying or abuse.
I would consider tenderness and empathy to be forms of love, or maybe expression of love would be more accurate.

Take care,
xxxx



"Has anyone seen my contact lens? It may be stuckto a tree or a rock or something. Oh boy, I am so grounded" Family Guy
if everyone cared and nobody cried, if everyone loved and nobody lied, if everyone shared and swallowed their pride, we'd see the day that nobody died


!!!! I got lei'd in Vets !!!!



((deleted)) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 02:33 PM   #10
Margo
 
Margo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I am currently:

I think you need to keep going in the direction you are. 30+ years of one mindset takes along time to change. But you ARE changing and its for the better. Just keep in the same direction.

You have spent alot of time and effort thinking. Perhaps its time to stop for a while. Just let it be and see what happens.

Takes time, but i know the time will come.

Matthew xxx

Margo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 05:29 PM   #11
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

Thank you both, your kind words mean a lot to me.

I was posting on my Blog earlier and had a bit of a breakthrough and cried a lot. I've also unstuck one of the blocks. [I'll post about that on my Blog later]. Not sure whether it's started to unblock the love thing, but it's eased the envy and rage some, at least.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 06:42 PM   #12
Margo
 
Margo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I am currently:

^^^groovey :)

Margo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 07:36 PM   #13
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

Thanks.
I updated by Blog.
I'm tired, and have a headache. I'm going to be gentle with myself, as well as get an early night.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:38 PM.