RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-11-2008, 08:06 PM   #1
Lindsey
 
Lindsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
A story about a pervert..

I just thought you might want to hear..I have mixed feelings on this from the other night!

Was on the train with my mum late at night when she nudged me and was like "theres that guy". This guy Nick used to work with his wife in a sandwich shop in our town. He always hired young girls, like aged 14 and was so sleazy. One time he just took out his penis and the girl reported it, he got put on the sex offenders register and isnt allowed to work in his shop anymore.

So he was sitting across from us on this 45min train journey and some chavs were drinking further up the carriage. One of them spotted him and although I had headphones on I heard them shouting.

"Theres that dirty b*stard!! Peado!!! Peeeeeeeado! Niiiiiiick is a peeeeeado!"

His shop was called Picnic Basket and they were shouting "peado basket" at him. He sat pretending to read his paper. It was so awkward. Because they just kept shouting. They were shouting "can i can a chips and cheese and no molestation please?" and constant chants of "PEEEEEADOOOOOO!" There were about 10 of them. The ticket collector woman came and they explained to her what he's done and how he was a "dirty flashing pervert". Then proceeded to shout out the details of what happened to the entire carriage.

He got off before his stop and they were yelling "passengers, you are now safe, this is a peado free carriage!"

Deserved?

Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 08:14 PM   #2
troubleshooter
 
troubleshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: USA

I think he deserved it, but I'm pretty fire and brimstone when it comes to people like that

troubleshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 08:34 PM   #3
Schleier von Dunst
Let the music express the unexpressable.
 
Schleier von Dunst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: My bedroom
I am currently:

to some extent he deserved it, but then maybe he didn't need such public embarrassment, he's human too




Das Leben ich(The life of me)


Schleier von Dunst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:37 PM   #4
SweetLemonSour
 

i agree with the above!

  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:38 PM   #5
Misunderstood.
struggling
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bedfordshire.
I am currently:

Serves him right.



The most profound things are inexpressible.


Misunderstood. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 12:05 AM   #6
white_silent_darkness
My nickname is SD
 
white_silent_darkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: LOST (England)
I am currently:

I personally think he deserved it... think of those poor girls... and hun, must have been tough for you being there with this going on *hugs* (if thats ok)

Take care x



RYL Family :
White_angel is my big sister
Bookworm3009 is my cousin
White_silence is my little sister
Bubblegum Netmeg is my pet monkey

:heart:


white_silent_darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:08 AM   #7
Lindsey
 
Lindsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008

I just felt really embarrassed for him actually. In a way he did deserve it but it was just so awkward.

Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:37 AM   #8
Heidi Tiger
Loon NOS
 
Heidi Tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Nottingham
I am currently:

Obviously what he did was very wrong. However in the UK we have a justice system to deal with offenders, what those chavs did was was nothing more than vigilante justice. And whilst it might have stopped with name-calling there, there was a case back home where a 70-year old paedophile (who hadn't commited any offences for 30 years or something) had his head kicked in in an alley-way and he died. I think you have to be very careful with justifying any acts of retribution against criminals. Don't get me wrong, I know paedophiles are sick and can ruin lives, I just don't think the general public are the people to deal with them, leave that to the police.





Reality leaves a lot to the imagination


Heidi Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 06:40 PM   #9
ghosts in the machine
coimeádaí rún
 
ghosts in the machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
I am currently:

If the chavs had then gone on to beat him up and possibly killed him, would he deserve that? Vigilante justice, like Heidi said, isn't the way - otherwise we could just hand out retribution left, right and centre however we wanted, and it won't work.



For those doubts that swirl all around us
For those lives that tear at the seams
We know… we’re not what we’ve seen

For this dance we’ll move with each other
There ain’t no other step than one foot
Right in front of the other

~ We're marching on... ~


ghosts in the machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:55 PM   #10
whirlpools
 
Join Date: May 2008

deserved. i don't care. they don't care about how they leave us.
i wish someone had stuck up for me like that.
(even if the chavs were more interested in making a scene, than the cause).

whirlpools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:03 AM   #11
starseeker
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North West England
I am currently:

i reckon he deserves to be locked up.
he may have changed, he might be very sorry
those chavs are arrogant and cocky,and maybe went ott.
but im fairly sensetive about stuff like that and i dont think that he should ever be happy with himself ever again. so he probs did have it coming.

starseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:44 PM   #12
TimesLikeThese
 
Join Date: Feb 2008

What he did was wrong, yes, but whether he deserved that depends on the circumstances. For example, how long ago was it that he did it? Did he get punished for it? Does he see the error of his ways? Etc.

If it happened a long time ago, and he has changed his ways, I think it's unfair to be punished for it for the rest of his life.

However, if it was recent, and he was walking free, he deserves everything he got. Although I hate people who publically humiliate people like that.

Oh well, debateble.



Moved on. Take care.


TimesLikeThese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 11:39 AM   #13
Popple
 
Popple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi Tiger View Post
Obviously what he did was very wrong. However in the UK we have a justice system to deal with offenders, what those chavs did was was nothing more than vigilante justice. And whilst it might have stopped with name-calling there, there was a case back home where a 70-year old paedophile (who hadn't commited any offences for 30 years or something) had his head kicked in in an alley-way and he died. I think you have to be very careful with justifying any acts of retribution against criminals. Don't get me wrong, I know paedophiles are sick and can ruin lives, I just don't think the general public are the people to deal with them, leave that to the police.
What I was going to say but makes much more sense!



You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.


Popple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 04:23 PM   #14
Renbowww
Silence is the loudest scream.
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: My technicolored tower
I am currently:

i don't think he deserved all that no. call me a softie, but that seemed a bit harsh.

Renbowww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 11:08 PM   #15
Lindsey
 
Lindsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008

It was 2 years ago. His wife and 8 year old daughter stuck by him but he's not allowed to work in the shop he owns anymore as too many school kids come in there. He's on the sex offenders register.

Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:12 AM   #16
Caru y Nos
 
Caru y Nos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi Tiger View Post
Obviously what he did was very wrong. However in the UK we have a justice system to deal with offenders, what those chavs did was was nothing more than vigilante justice. And whilst it might have stopped with name-calling there, there was a case back home where a 70-year old paedophile (who hadn't commited any offences for 30 years or something) had his head kicked in in an alley-way and he died. I think you have to be very careful with justifying any acts of retribution against criminals. Don't get me wrong, I know paedophiles are sick and can ruin lives, I just don't think the general public are the people to deal with them, leave that to the police.
(Y) *agrees with*
You're a wise women Heidi (:



Dead to the world. Alive for the journey


Caru y Nos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:36 AM   #17
Casper_Fading
It's okay. I have a supersoaker.
 
Casper_Fading's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over there and to the left
I am currently:

That's a horrible thing to do. Yes what he did was horrible but he's been (being) punished for it. And imagine how horrible it would have made the others on the train feel (like you feeling uncomfortable). It's never justified to do something like that in public.



"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."


- Dr. Seuss


Casper_Fading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:28 PM   #18
poison
 
poison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I am currently:

what he did was bad yes. but what they were doing was bad to and they shouldnt have.



"When will people understand that words can cut as sharply as any blade, and that those cuts leave scars upon our souls."
-annon

theres r cool

<--- this one is for mummy tracie

poison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:30 AM   #19
starlight_enigma
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
I am currently:

He is already being punished for his crime.

People like those 'chavs' aren't looking for any kind justice, just trying to cause offense to anybody they can.

And by the fact they made you feel uncomfortable, there are probably other people who felt similar, and so I believe what they did was wrong. Whatever he deserved, other people on the train oughtn't have had to put up with shouting and such.

Star xx

starlight_enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:27 PM   #20
theity
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Florida
I am currently:

I don't think he deserved to be verbally assaulted like that by those kids who were just trying to be cruel. While his crimes were disgusting, he's already been punished for them. Getting put on the sex offender list isn't punishment so much as it is a precaution taken to help people protect themselves and their dependents. Those kids were trying to upset them, which isn't helping anybody.

I'm sorry you had to witness something like that.

theity is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:41 PM.