RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 30-06-2007, 07:18 PM   #1
Steel Magnolia
faithful pastafarian

I am currently:
Infection - Not sure about this cut!

Hey! I have this cut on my arm and its not that deep, like steri strips were ok. But, the cut still hasnt healed. It bled for 2 days and when I took the steri strip off it started bleeding again and the scab only goes half way up to the surface of my skin - so you can still see a bit of daylight through my arm! I was just wondering why this cut hasnt started to heal after 3 weeks as this is not usual for me. Any ideas?? Oh yeah, also I've been getting a few dark red dots on my hyper trophic scars. Ive had those scars since February and I've only noticed them there 2 days ago! Does anyone know what they are?

Zoe F xxXX

Last edited by Steel Magnolia : 30-06-2007 at 07:29 PM. Reason: content!

"Buy the ticket, take the ride.."

2 Hugs Given By :
Old 30-06-2007, 08:29 PM   #2
Aidee

I am currently:

I'm quite confused as to what you mean by seeing daylight through your arm. But regardless, after 3 weeks, if you haven't been interfering with the wound healing, it would be well and healed by now. It sounds like you could have benefited from stitches, although it is far to late for that now. Make and appointment with your GP to be seen for this, as anything that is open is a pathway for infection, and the longer it is open the more likely you are to get one.

Hypertrophic scars are volatile, and kelliods especially can continue to grow and change for years after they are formed due to a mutation in the cells that form the scar. The next time you see your doctor, ask them to take a look at the spots and see if they think it is anything significant.

AD

Well it breaks my heart to see you this way,
The beauty in life, where's it gone?
And somebody told me you were doing okay,
Somehow I guess they were wrong.

Old 30-06-2007, 08:38 PM   #3
Steel Magnolia
faithful pastafarian

I am currently:

I mean when you turn your arm sideways and hold it up to the light there is a wedge shape cut out. Does that make any sense? Thanks for the advice anyway!

"Buy the ticket, take the ride.."

Old 30-06-2007, 09:17 PM   #4
chasing bliss
stuck doing people things

I am currently:

Sometimes when my cuts are covered with a bandage, they take a much longer time to heal, I guess because of the moisture or whatever preventing a scab from forming. So that might be part of it. You should definitely have your GP look at it because the longer it stays open, the more likely you are to end up with an infection.

As for the dark spots on your scars, I have no idea why it happens, but I get the same on mine once the weather gets warmer. They'll go away.

well, i have sown untidy furrows 'cross my soul,
but I am still a coward,
content to see my garden grow so sweet & full
of someone else's flowers.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)