RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25-10-2008, 06:38 PM   #1
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area
need some electrics help please!

The lights've blown in the kitchen.
My flatmates aren't around.
And it's DARK!

I can just about see with the hall light and the light over the oven.

But.

Please.

What should I do? Ideas? [Like fuse box, bulbs, that kind of thing... Actually, I daren't touch the fusebox. But help is still welcome!]

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2008, 06:39 PM   #2
Aidee
 
Aidee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: USA
I am currently:

What was happening in the kitchen right before the lights went out?



Well it breaks my heart to see you this way,
The beauty in life, where's it gone?
And somebody told me you were doing okay,
Somehow I guess they were wrong.




Aidee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2008, 06:40 PM   #3
Animad
 
Animad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: UK

Is there a fuse box anywhere, it may be that one of the switches needs flicking back on

Animad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2008, 06:41 PM   #4
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

Aidey, nothing was happening. Nothing extra switched on or anything. I just switched them on! And they flashed, and then nothing. I tried this several times, and the same happened.

There are 4 bulbs. 3 of those halogen things, and an energy saving one seperately, the other side of the room.

The fuse box is in the cupboard, but I have no idea which is what. :\

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2008, 06:44 PM   #5
Aidee
 
Aidee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: USA
I am currently:

Hmmm, it sounds like a fuse, but unless the fuse is bad they shouldn't have blown by just turning the lights on.

Well, as long as the lights are on in the rest of your flat I would just leave it until your flat mates come home since you aren't comfortable with messing with the fuse box.



Well it breaks my heart to see you this way,
The beauty in life, where's it gone?
And somebody told me you were doing okay,
Somehow I guess they were wrong.




Aidee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2008, 06:45 PM   #6
Animad
 
Animad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: UK

Ours has the names of what they're for as labels... Just see if there's on where the switch is pointing the other direction and flick that see if they come on... though it may be something else. Ours flick off st home most times when a bulb blows

Animad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2008, 06:46 PM   #7
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

The trip switch had gone off. I put it back on, but it doesn't work because one of the bulbs has blown. Probably one of the halogen ones. When it's light tomorrow I'll take those out and see what happens with the main one.

Agh.

At least it's just pizza I'm cooking, nothing fancy and detailed!

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2008, 09:52 AM   #8
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

Just the one for the kitchen lighting...

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:10 PM.