RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-10-2008, 07:33 PM   #1
Mogsy
 
Mogsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Scotland
I am currently:
Triggering (SI/Suicide) - Is there any point in asking this...?

I have been away from the site for ages, as to be honest I just stopped trying to stop harming. it is easier to just do it and yet I dont feel any the better for it. That is probably a bit of a paradox but Im sick of trying. it has been about 15 years now and I cant take it any more. I suffered from anorexia for 15 years and although its not a problem, a little demon still lives in my mind.
I have added burning to my cutting rituals and every time i am cooking I get the urge to burn again. So I suppose Im asking is there any point in seeking help at all? Can anyone say anything that will make me see sense, or see the point in stopping?

Mogsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:57 PM   #2
riley.
 
riley.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005

i think its always worth seeking help. its difficult, but you're alive, you've gotten this far- and the fact you're contemplating it means its something within your reach.
its a hard journey to start, and the first step is often the steepest, but its worth trying, or worth trying again. you're worth it

riley. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:32 PM   #3
Margo
 
Margo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I am currently:

Perhaps you see giving up as losing something? Perhaps you also see it as just another excuse to fail? Your psyche therefore is telling you that theres no point cus it will all end in tears and so whats the point and then it puts you in that hidious state of ambivalence to the whole thing and you stagnate.

Yes its still worth trying. theres more than one way to skin a cat "apparently". theres more than one way to train the mind to think differently "DEFINATELY!"

By making the post you are admitting you still want to try.

Nice to see you back, however sad in such sad circumstances.

Be kind to you

Matthew xxx

Margo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:16 AM.