|
|
 |
|
17-08-2008, 06:10 PM
|
#1
|
Join Date: Dec 2007
I am currently: 
|
Stuck in a rut :-(
Heya,
I don't normally post new threads or anything so this is a bit weird for me.
I am having a bit of a low time at the moment. I found out during the week that I have a cancerous lump in my breast - which i need to get removed when i get the appropriate date through.
The thing is - i dont know why i am so low about it especially as I know whats going to happen and I know that its a simple procedure etc. Then why is this distracting me from my day to day life. I have to get my PhD thesis written up and sent into uni and its a real distraction.
My therapists away and I have given the drs note to uni who have been supportive. Deadlines are not a problem at the moment I ugess but I just do not know how to have a clear frame of mind.
What if the date for the op doesnt come through for a while - does that mean I'm stuck like this?
I also hate people doing anything to that part of that body - the fact that i won't be in control of the procedure or anything is freaking me out. Its a very vunerable time.
Sorry if this post is wrong. I feel i am at breaking point.
|

I am normal under the circumstances...
|
|
|
|
17-08-2008, 07:58 PM
|
#2
|
|
I have become comfortably numb
Join Date: Jun 2007
I am currently: 
|
I really don't know the right words to stop your pain, I'm not even sure I've got that power.
The date for the operation will come through. The doctors are there to do their best for you. Have you considered pre-operative counselling? Might make you slightly less anxious, but it won't stop all the worries.
My brother went through everything you went through. I don't know what else to say though. Sorry.
Kim
xxx
|
Shine on, you crazy diamond
|
|
|
|
17-08-2008, 08:42 PM
|
#3
|
|
Bringing back the lost art of Sewing
Join Date: Sep 2007
I am currently: 
|
I wish I knew how to help you. I got sober from alcoholism in the middle of writing my MA thesis. So I understand that.
Please, let us know what is happening with you? How we can help?
*hugs*
|
My husband is my best friend.
In forgiving others, we are not exonerating them. They may not deserve exoneration. Rather, in forgiving others we are giving up our anger over the fact that what happened is not what "should" have happened or that our life is not the way it "should" have been.
|
|
|
|
17-08-2008, 08:59 PM
|
#4
|
|
Is an Incarnated Angel!!
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Essex, ENGLAND
I am currently: 
|
Hello, I wish I knew how to support you better but as much as I have been through something slighty similar (pre-cancerous lump in breast when I was 20) I cannot imagine the strain it must be having when you've got studying to do at the same time and your therapist is away. All I can say is keep posting on here to know that you are cared for and supported the best we can for you and know that as much as things are horrible right now, once the op is done it'll be a huge weight off of your mind and things will get better.
|
"All battles in life serve to teach us something, even the battles we lose"
"There are moments in life when the only possible option is to lose control"
dontwantyoutoknow is my lil sis
I GOT LEI'D IN VETS!!! I'm a Plumeria Tree!!!
|
|
|
|
17-08-2008, 09:15 PM
|
#5
|
Join Date: Dec 2007
I am currently: 
|
Thanks loads for your support. It really does mean alot to me. I don't even know what to say to myself, I guess its a waiting game and a case of just getting on with it... easier said than done! I hope u are all ok and thanks again for your support.
|

I am normal under the circumstances...
|
|
|
|
18-08-2008, 08:32 PM
|
#6
|
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maryland
|
I think anybody would be freaking out under those circumstances. Writing a thesis is stressful enough without dealing with medical issues. And while the surgery itself seems relatively simple, it's still something you don't have control over. You know things will most likely turn out fine afterwards, but it's still nerve wracking in the meantime.
|
Who can attest that when they're at their best
Oh their worst is still crouching close behind
It's coming to peace with the darkness in me
That allows the true light to shine inside
"Ups and Downs" ~ Kendall Payne
|
|
|
|
18-08-2008, 08:48 PM
|
#7
|
|
I must be fine, because my heart's still beating..
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Glasgow
I am currently: 
|
I know exactly how you feel, like your own cells are turning on you, and i know nothing can stop the worry and the distraction, so just be kind to yourself. I'll be thinking about you, take care
*hugs*
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
|
|
|
Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:13 AM.
|
|