RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-08-2008, 10:44 PM   #1
Ragdoll
 
Ragdoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Midlands
I am currently:
Weddings and hospitals *safe*

For the last week or two I've been getting increasingly painful stomach pains and also pain in my back. I phoned my midwife on friday and she managed to fit me in to see her today. The result was that she sent me to the maternity hospital so they could check me out.


After being on a fetal monitor for half an hour or so they thankfully said that baby is doing alright, so that's great news. The doctor said it could well be signs of early labour, although obviously I'm hoping not. Much as I want to meet my son, it'd be nice if he took a bit longer to finish growing - although I suppose he'll come when he's ready!

I've been told to keep an eye on them and go straight back to hospital if they become regular or anything else changes, so keep your fingers crossed for me that they don't!

I'm packing my hospital bag just in case, although this could go on for weeks yet, but better safe than sorry.
On a lighter note, the picture is of me dressed up for the wedding Rusty and I went to on saturday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2008_0809Fionnas_wedding0004.JPG (47.0 KB, 33 views)







I got lei'd in Vets!


Ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:50 PM   #2
Mandimoo
Mummy!!
 
Mandimoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Newport, South Wales
I am currently:

at 16weeks i had squeezing on and off pains in one spot for nearly an hour non-stop
went to out of hours who sent me to the women's unit, they checked me out and discharged me 7hrs later saying it was muscular pains...

3days later still having these pains, it's discovered i had a hernia and the hospital missed it despite there being a big lump.

mand x



Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:05 PM   #3
Ragdoll
 
Ragdoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Midlands
I am currently:

Yikes! Well we're going to stay with my family for a few days - things are very stressful here, which is exactly what I want to avoid! So a few days to try and chill out, and I'll make sure I take my notes with me in case we have problems while we're there.







I got lei'd in Vets!


Ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:08 PM   #4
Mandimoo
Mummy!!
 
Mandimoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Newport, South Wales
I am currently:

my friend has 2 born at 24weeks - weight 1lb each - 9 months apart (the coil failed her!)

they are both fine, slightly small for their age, but intelligent and reading/writing etc as normal for their age, took them a while longer to sit up, walk and get teeth but they are fine,
so if he is born, there's a high chance he'd be absolutley fine, mand x



Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:21 AM   #5
Casper_Fading
It's okay. I have a supersoaker.
 
Casper_Fading's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over there and to the left
I am currently:

hopefully everything settles down!

you look lovely int he photo too :)



"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."


- Dr. Seuss


Casper_Fading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:14 AM   #6
Snuffles
 

OOooh have fun away and hope stays for you. you do look lovely in the pic <3

  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:37 AM   #7
Dramatic
 

*Massive hugs*
*Tells baby to stay in there for a bit longer to cook!!*

You know when people say to pregnant women "You're glowing!"? Well, that's exactly what i had in my head when i saw you. Despite the pains you're having, you really do look radiant :) Love the outfit too!
I hope all goes well hun, and i hope you have a nice break away even if it is just for a few days.

*massive huggles*
xxxx

  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:31 PM   #8
Ragdoll
 
Ragdoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Midlands
I am currently:

Lol Berni - yeah they tested a sample cos the pain in my back is similar to when I had a really bad kidney infection as a kid, but they said I'm clear for that.

It's actually reassuring knowing your little one is hanging on in there despite you starting pains weeks ago - I'm hoping mine will wait a bit longer too!

The top in the picture is actually not a maternity top - I bought it last year and never had an occasion to wear it, but because it's fitted aorunf the top and then just floaty material, it works even with a bump







I got lei'd in Vets!


Ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:04 PM   #9
Mandimoo
Mummy!!
 
Mandimoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Newport, South Wales
I am currently:

i didnt buy anything maternity wise, all i got were a couple of packs of cheap cotton bigger pants for hospital and just before...

didnt wear em until hospital tho!
mand x



Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:36 PM   #10
Kangaroo
No, I'm Not An Aussie
 
Kangaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Bedfordshire, UK
I am currently:

*hugs*

You look great in that photo.
I hope all is well with your baby



KANGAROO


I HAVE FAMILY - Blondiebear is my sister


Kangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:44 PM   #11
Ragdoll
 
Ragdoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Midlands
I am currently:

Mand - lol! I've bought some cheapy 3-for-a-£1 knickers from Asda to wear in hospital. I figure they're cheap enough that they can be thrown away but comfier than nasty disposable ones.







I got lei'd in Vets!


Ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 01:20 AM   #12
Mandimoo
Mummy!!
 
Mandimoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Newport, South Wales
I am currently:

tbh.... i still have all my hospital pants, the only pair to be chucked were the ones i travelled to hospital in, that my waters leaked onto. they werent messy, as i cleaned the membranes away before getting dressed, but i just thought 'ick!'

i used kotex super heavy duty pads, they are v thick, but comfy and cushiony to sit on for stitches/grazes/general swollen ladybits :p



Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:16 PM.