RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-08-2008, 12:27 PM   #1
Bobmaluga
 
Bobmaluga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Devon, UK
I am currently:
Triggering (SI) - I didn't mean to....

****.
I cut again, I didn't mean to but I needed to feel, you know? Well thats a lie, I DID mean to. But I regret it - not for my sake but because my partner will be so disappointed in me. He'll say 'why didn't you phone me' or something and get really mad and upset. I know he tries to understand.

Parents coming to stay for a week soon and they don't know anything and my partner is going to be so mad at me. I feel like everything is closing in on me. I hate keeping the 'happy' face on, I can't keep it on for long. I get so mad at myself for being like this.....





Bobmaluga is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 11-08-2008, 04:00 PM   #2
blondiebear
Bringing back the lost art of Sewing
 
blondiebear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
I am currently:

People who don't self injure don't understand. My husband doesn't either. It is okay for you to take off your happy face around your partner.

It is okay for you to be good to yourself.



My husband is my best friend.

In forgiving others, we are not exonerating them. They may not deserve exoneration. Rather, in forgiving others we are giving up our anger over the fact that what happened is not what "should" have happened or that our life is not the way it "should" have been.

blondiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:25 PM   #3
Bobmaluga
 
Bobmaluga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Devon, UK
I am currently:

Thank you x
It just gets so hard sometimes...I feel like I'm faulty or weak. I know I'm not but it doesn't stop me from feeling this way.





Bobmaluga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:28 PM   #4
blondiebear
Bringing back the lost art of Sewing
 
blondiebear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
I am currently:

You aren't faulty or weak. I think that self harm is a symptom of emotional distress. It is a way to cope, just like an alcoholic who drinks. And I'm an alcoholic in recovery too.



My husband is my best friend.

In forgiving others, we are not exonerating them. They may not deserve exoneration. Rather, in forgiving others we are giving up our anger over the fact that what happened is not what "should" have happened or that our life is not the way it "should" have been.

blondiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:10 PM.