RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-08-2008, 10:43 PM   #1
tibette
 
tibette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Scotland
I am currently:
Weird Question

Hey there guysI'm new.

Anyway I have this weird thing about wanting someoneto look after me and care for me, like 24/7, like a mum I guess. I know it stems from BPD and my past but does anyone else here feel like that, I'm nearly 27 BTW

xxxxxxxxxxx

tibette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:50 PM   #2
Yellow
No Escape From Solitude
 
Yellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: US
I am currently:

warm welcomes to vets!!!
and YES i feel that way lots. im 31 and still feel like a child sometimes. i think its a normal reaction to stress and such. we want someone to be with us, to guide us....and sometimes just to hold us.
*holds you close*
loves.
xxxxx





A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.

Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:02 PM   #3
tibette
 
tibette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Scotland
I am currently:

Thanks Yellow!

*hugs*

x x x x

tibette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:12 PM   #4
Yellow
No Escape From Solitude
 
Yellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: US
I am currently:

anytime!!!!
:)





A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.

Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:52 PM   #5
blue_cloud
L J
 
blue_cloud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
I am currently:

me i feel like that! i am nearly 26 and have not found anyone willing to do that yet
*hugs*

blue_cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:07 AM   #6
Detour. Derail
~* Formerly Voice Of Reason*~
 
Detour. Derail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nowhere
I am currently:

I...am the opposite...
I constantly push people away and insist I dont NEED looking after...although half the time I probably do...

sorry!!
this was a Pointless post!! :P



...&& the cracks begin to show...
**Lex**


Detour. Derail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 07:21 AM   #7
blondiebear
Bringing back the lost art of Sewing
 
blondiebear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
I am currently:

I have a mum in my aa sponsor. What I want is a dad. And I am 42 years old.



My husband is my best friend.

In forgiving others, we are not exonerating them. They may not deserve exoneration. Rather, in forgiving others we are giving up our anger over the fact that what happened is not what "should" have happened or that our life is not the way it "should" have been.

blondiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:10 AM   #8
effervescence
tired
 
effervescence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I am currently:

i think lots of us want someone to just hold us and look after us. even without any mental health or childhood problems its quite natural to want to be looked after, because it's safe and comforting.
so anyway you're not the only one!



Even as the stone of the fruit must break
that its heart may stand in the sun,
so must you know pain.

There are only two ways in which one can live their life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is.


effervescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:50 AM   #9
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day
 
one_step_closer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Scotland

I feel like that all of the time, I think that it's hard to get over things in your past if you feel that you haven't been properly cared for.





I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.


one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:28 AM   #10
Misunderstood.
struggling
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bedfordshire.
I am currently:

I've been through phases like that; but it was yrs and yrs ago. Maybe it's dependant personality disorder instead.


Last edited by Misunderstood. : 08-08-2008 at 10:28 AM. Reason: typo


The most profound things are inexpressible.


Misunderstood. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:27 AM   #11
blue_cloud
L J
 
blue_cloud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
I am currently:

i am bpd to so maybe its part and parcel of a very long list of symptoms
bpd sucks!

blue_cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:09 AM.