RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-08-2008, 09:19 AM   #1
newanda
 
newanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA
I am currently:
Do parents talk about their kids?

Basically, i've been wanting to talk to my mom about some stuff for quiet a while now. I really want to open up to her and share with her my life. It just feels like the right time. She knows me on the surface, but not any further. I've realized that keeping everything to myself and shutting myself off from the world only makes everything worse. I want her to know me and love me for who i am, not who she thinks I am. Sounds good, right?

Well, i'm not to keen on letting my dad in on any of it. I don't consider my dad and I to be close at all. I don't feel comfortable talking to him at all, and i feel like it just isn't any of his business anyway. I also think that what i have to say would probably damage our relationship rather than help it. Plus i'm afraid of what he'd say to me and don't think that he'd have any constructive advice or guidance to give.

Is it crazy and wierd and selfish of me to ask my mom, whose been married to my dad for 27 years, to keep it all a secret for her 25 year old daughter? TBH, I don't know how a marrage works so i don't know if married people talk about their children. I guess i just wonder if it would be a burden for her to not talk to him about it? Gahh... i just don't know how this is going to work. If anyone has any advice pleeeeese lay it on me!

newanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:25 AM   #2
Casper_Fading
It's okay. I have a supersoaker.
 
Casper_Fading's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over there and to the left
I am currently:

I know that my parents would never keep anything from each other. I'm nto sure about other parents though. I would never keep anything from my fiance either.



"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."


- Dr. Seuss


Casper_Fading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:02 AM   #3
effervescence
tired
 
effervescence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I am currently:

if it was my mother she would tell my father. sadly. i think most parents who are still married or in a relationship would tell each other stuff about you.



Even as the stone of the fruit must break
that its heart may stand in the sun,
so must you know pain.

There are only two ways in which one can live their life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is.


effervescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:08 PM   #4
newanda
 
newanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA
I am currently:

Thanks everyone for your replies.
That's pretty much what i thought, that she'd tell him.
I think i'm going to have to talk to her anyway. I always feel like i'm being a different person around her, and it's getting hard to keep that up.

In my mind, i think i'm just trying to use him as an excuse to get out it. I flip flop all the time about wether or not I care what he thinks and weather or not I care if he's in my life or not. I hope this isn't the nail in the coffin of our relationship but i'm scared that is will be. Then i'll really feel like it was my fault and that i should have just kept my mouth shut and kept on pretending.

Gahhh... I'm not supposed to care what he thinks, but lately he's been doing this thing where he's nice to me. I hate it, it's kind of wierd, but it's also nice to have a dad for a change. He's done this before, so now i'm just waiting for the crash that always comes when he decides he's done enough for now.

newanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:10 PM.