RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-08-2008, 04:55 AM   #1
Rain Keeper
flooded in a mental state of hell
 
Rain Keeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: between reality and the afterlife
I am currently:
proven to be a mother of the most awesomenest child

So, I decide my daughter and I need some Mommy /Daughter time. SHe had been worried about me since last weeks "accident". We went to see the movie Mama Mia....It was all good. Non husband around...I sent him to be with our son Dark night ...Mummy 3...not fun for my girl...

Anyway... about 15 minute before the movie was to end she stated she had to "go". I let her...safe environment... She comes back crying!

My sweet baby girl fell on the last step going down. SHe was worried about hitting her eyes and naturally put her hands down to catch herself.

*snap...she broke her arm!

We reported it (didnt for sure know it was broken at this time) and I took her to the emergency room. We styed there for about 5 hours....it would have been a lot shorter time, but after she wsa splinted she asked the dr...who WAS VERY NICE... to look at "my Mommy's accident" THe dr gave me cream...didnt ask many questions..and handed me a number for someone to talk to ... if I needed anything...

My daughter always thinking of herself last.

How can I make this up to her?
she is the best...so great to feel loved!

I as i write this... i realize..she is to start space camp on monday!...arghhhh....hope she will still be able to participate!


loving you, Rain


thanks for listening :)



the flood is here and i can't keep the rain


Rain Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 05:56 AM   #2
Snuffles
 

Awww that is so sweet and cute, you must be so proud of her, hope shes ok and can go to space camp as well! Umm make it up to her, maybe have another mother/daughter day? Just do something special for her? Maybe take her out to lunch or buy her something (like not heaps expensive) that she really likes, something like a hobby? Or perhaps write her a letter letting her know how much she means to you, just something she can cherish forever? I don't know really sorry :P

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 06:47 AM   #3
Yellow
No Escape From Solitude
 
Yellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: US
I am currently:

i love your daughter. period.
you have written of her before and i think she is amazing.
you have a selfless child and not many people can say that. that also says something of you. you are a WONDERFUL Mommy.
i hope she gets to participate in space camp too.
love you rainy.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx





A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.

Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:40 AM   #4
effervescence
tired
 
effervescence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I am currently:

space camp?! that sounds amazing!
what a lovely child.



Even as the stone of the fruit must break
that its heart may stand in the sun,
so must you know pain.

There are only two ways in which one can live their life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is.


effervescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:19 AM   #5
coops
 
coops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: essex
I am currently:

Hi new on RYL but had to comment on your post. You sound a really loving and caring mum and you must be so proud of your daughter. Very mature and selfless. Hope she enjoys space camp! You take care XxX

coops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 02:22 PM   #6
Casper_Fading
It's okay. I have a supersoaker.
 
Casper_Fading's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over there and to the left
I am currently:

If i met your aughter, I would give her a huge cuddle! what an absolute champion of a kid!!!! she has an AWESOME mother as well!!!!!



"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."


- Dr. Seuss


Casper_Fading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:27 PM   #7
ThinkingofRecovery
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greater Manchester
I am currently:

Kids are so gorgeous and caring and it sounds like your daughter is super. I went to collect my sister from my mum's yesterday and one of my nephew's pointed to an injury and said "sore?" in a really cute way as if he cared that I was hurting. Unfortunately, my family don't know that I sh and so I had to just brush it off. How is it that we spoil this natural compassion?

I hope she still gets to enjoy space camp!



"Everything is possible through Christ, who gives me strength". Phillipians 4:13

ThinkingofRecovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:55 PM   #8
Bitter_Angel
*First Aid Advisor*
 
Bitter_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Narnia
I am currently:

*cuddles*
Rain you may beat yourself up for a lot of stuff, but to have such an amazing daughter is a huge compliment to you and how you have raised her. She has probably learnt from example as i know you often put others before yourself.

Stay strong for her, I know she will be your light when things get dark.




Eva. Gone, but never forgotten 27.3.10

Bitter_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:08 AM   #9
blondiebear
Bringing back the lost art of Sewing
 
blondiebear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
I am currently:

What a love she is.

Could you maybe get her a pair of pretty fingerless gloves to she can put them on over the cast?



My husband is my best friend.

In forgiving others, we are not exonerating them. They may not deserve exoneration. Rather, in forgiving others we are giving up our anger over the fact that what happened is not what "should" have happened or that our life is not the way it "should" have been.

blondiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:35 PM   #10
Misunderstood.
struggling
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bedfordshire.
I am currently:

That's wonderful, kids rock. =)



The most profound things are inexpressible.


Misunderstood. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:17 AM   #11
Detour. Derail
~* Formerly Voice Of Reason*~
 
Detour. Derail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nowhere
I am currently:

I hope your daughters arm is ok :]
I think...you dont realy NEED to make it up to her...its clear you love each other INCREDIBLY and thats worth ten times more than any gift or present :]
She sounds like an absolute star and I'm sure she'll go so far in life :]
But you know....children learn things like that...from their parents....
If shes an awesome daughter...you must be an awesome mummy :D
xxxxx



...&& the cracks begin to show...
**Lex**


Detour. Derail is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:01 AM.