RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22-07-2008, 05:49 PM   #1
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area
NW London invaded by giant flying ants!

Ok, so I'm exaggerating just tad, but not hugely so.

I've just walked home from work. A 30 minute walk. On the path and flying around everywhere on the journey were these huge flying ant creature things.

Eekkk!!!!!

*itches*

Where did they all come from?!!!

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2008, 07:44 PM   #2
Animad
 
Animad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: UK

Eewww, dunt sound nice... This is one reason for me not to go to london in the next few weeks to escape the parents then!!!

Animad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2008, 08:40 PM   #3
BlindSpot.
Kiss Kiss, Bang, Bang.
 
BlindSpot.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: England, Essex.
I am currently:

They're down invading Southend too! They were practically swarming my car earlier :( Although 3 got trapped in a spiders web and got eaten so that cheered me up a little!
They are so creepy *shudder*

Ali xox




With demons dancing off mirror images reflecting all that you wanted.
So far from perfect, onward we will strive.
Take it for what it's worth, this truth that you've realized.
You're not who you thought you were, it's time to see the other side of what you have become.


BlindSpot. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2008, 08:42 PM   #4
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

It's probably the weather - meant to be hot and raining tomorrow. But it was just so surreal. It's safe indoors, thankfully!

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2008, 08:48 PM   #5
sparklyshoes
Sheer
 
sparklyshoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: the shire
I am currently:

eew eew eew eew eew eew eew eew

*runs off screaming like a little girl*






sparklyshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2008, 11:36 PM   #6
blondiebear
Bringing back the lost art of Sewing
 
blondiebear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
I am currently:

When termites are swarming, they look a lot like winged ants. But I don't think you have termites that far north do you?



My husband is my best friend.

In forgiving others, we are not exonerating them. They may not deserve exoneration. Rather, in forgiving others we are giving up our anger over the fact that what happened is not what "should" have happened or that our life is not the way it "should" have been.

blondiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2008, 11:39 PM   #7
All I'm Living For
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
I am currently:

ewww!! thank god i'm safe here in aus! you guys can keep those ants!

soph.

All I'm Living For is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 01:08 AM   #8
Anthonio
Gibberwoofbarkdonkey!
 
Anthonio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Lower Earth Orbit, UK
I am currently:

Don't ask me how I know this BUT...

...to within a week, the exact same thing was reported as happening in N&SW London at the same time last year.

Those ants keep better time than most train companies! lol



I hold the world but as the world, Gratiano,
A stage, where every one must play his part;
And mine a sad one.

www.bluebirdproject.com - Support British heritage


Anthonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 01:09 AM   #9
Anthonio
Gibberwoofbarkdonkey!
 
Anthonio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Lower Earth Orbit, UK
I am currently:

and if you spray them with alcohol they fizz and crackle...



I hold the world but as the world, Gratiano,
A stage, where every one must play his part;
And mine a sad one.

www.bluebirdproject.com - Support British heritage


Anthonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 01:35 AM   #10
squirrelspit
 
squirrelspit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
I am currently:

I was walking in Kentish Town today and they were EVERYWHERE!!!
Literally, everywhere.
and they were huge.
and it makes me feel all itchy and gross.

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 06:43 AM   #11
Chernobog
 
Join Date: Oct 2007

Yeah. The bastards were here in force yesterday too. *shudders*

Chernobog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 06:57 AM   #12
risenfromperdition
you are loved and beautiful :)
 
risenfromperdition's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: hogwarts ^.^

*is glad i dont live in england*
:P
im a baby when it comes to bugs :P



“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

risenfromperdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 07:37 AM   #13
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

I'm glad other folks saw them too. I mean, I don't tend to hallucinate, but when you see so many nasty creatures, it's always a worry!

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 11:55 AM   #14
Casper_Fading
It's okay. I have a supersoaker.
 
Casper_Fading's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over there and to the left
I am currently:

They're not here :P hahahahahaha... sucker :P



"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."


- Dr. Seuss


Casper_Fading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 01:25 PM   #15
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

They're not here today either!

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 01:41 PM   #16
PropheticStar
 

We used to get the swarms at least once a year when I loved in the country. Sydney had moth swarms a few months ago. That was nuts.

  Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 02:07 PM   #17
squirrelspit
 
squirrelspit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
I am currently:

My mate lives in South London, apparently theyre covered in them today.

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 02:18 PM   #18
Caru y Nos
 
Caru y Nos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthonio View Post
Those ants keep better time than most train companies! lol
That's not hard ;] lol



Dead to the world. Alive for the journey


Caru y Nos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 02:25 PM   #19
random.swirls
Head forum moderator
 
random.swirls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Timbuktu!
I am currently:

Im in South London and am now to scared to go outside!




When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball


random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 02:28 PM   #20
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

Come visit me, it's safe here today!

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:15 PM.