RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2008, 12:25 PM   #1
Acephalous

I am currently:
BMI/Numbers/Weight Triggers - A website

I came across this site when browsing the net last night for non-ryl self harm related websites. Turns out as well as using the forums, reading articals and hugging folks, you can set yourself goals.
Each goal has different areas you can fill in to keep track of it e.g. 'making a relationship' tracks dates or meetings.
The weight loss goal tracks your height, weight, body fat, bmi, etc and puts it all in a graph to show your progess.
Has anyone actually used a site before to keep an eye on how they are doing?

Last edited by Puppet Strings : 10-06-2008 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Specific website removed as it may encourage people to track their weight, and lose more.
Acephalous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:29 PM   #2
I am a cat

I am currently:

I have heard of this I am also a member - but please I dont recommend you go on that site, although it is suppose to be aimed at "recovery" I found it very pro and triggering, espicially as some people seem to not understand eating disorders on there etc and just take the mick.....I do not go on this site anymore because It made me worse.
Please be careful when yusing that site
xxxx

I am a cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:31 PM   #3
I am a cat

I am currently:

Im sorry but is this even appropriate??
Its not exactly revocery focused to keep an eye on your weight, BMI etc when you have an eating disorder?
Sorry to be harsh :(

I am a cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:32 PM   #4
Sans Peur

To be honest the graph stuff sounds extremely triggering and will make people get worse in my opinion.I found that my ED was concentrated around certain numbers and having them put right infront of me would be extremely triggering, maybe that is just me with certain numbers.

Sans Peur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:22 PM   #5
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

I would advice you to leave that site, it does not sound like its helpful atall.
Can you delete it from your history etc? so you wont be tempted to go back on?
Be careful,
x

EyelinerAndCigarettes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:08 PM   #6
x-dying-inside-x
*Dan*

I am currently:

hunny all i cant say is please try and stay away.
all it will do is make things worse.

" my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never, never leave you during your times of trials and suffering. When you see only one set of footprints it was then that I carried you" you were carried out of are lifes into the next and when its my time to leave this life I know i will be carried into the next life with you.
I wish i had my world complete again.
'Can we protend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars, i could really use a wish right now' BoB

x-dying-inside-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:30 PM   #7
Acephalous

I am currently:

Thank you Sam (and Jane for alerting me personally). I was going to say that i hoped this was the right area to post that in, if at all, but apparently i forgot - wrong time to have amnesia.
It was not aimed to be triggering, and i posted the link originally because the site contained nothing that could not be done with pen and paper or that could be found elsewhere with ease. But a mod beat me to removing the link so all is well.
I was generally asking those members who stalk the ED board but are 'clinically obese' and suffering from binge eating but thought highlighting that would draw attention.
I personally don't have an ED so was generally asking if it helped someone keep an eye on their goals (not necessarily the 'staying in shape' one which is mainly to do with exercise but includes BMIs also) or if they found the SI/SH areas useful.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:33 PM   #8
Acephalous

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *hidden_pain* View Post
I would advice you to leave that site, it does not sound like its helpful atall.
Can you delete it from your history etc? so you wont be tempted to go back on?
Be careful,
x
As someone 'morbidly obese' and advised to use that site as well as 2 other similar ones by a doctor, i wasn't joining it for any compulsion or triggered reason, other than i was told to.
Sorry if it upset anyone :)

Old 10-06-2008, 10:36 PM   #9
Sans Peur

I can understand why you posted it holly, i have used things which are similar for my tracking of my own metal health and i hipe you are not annoyed at me mentioning it to you.

I can see how it could be helpful but can be used in a wrong way on RYL.It is hard to know what can be posted on this site that couldnt trigger someone.

Jane x

Last edited by Sans Peur : 10-06-2008 at 11:08 PM.
Sans Peur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:42 PM   #10
x-dying-inside-x
*Dan*

I am currently:

hunny you dont have to be sorry.
all i would say is no matter what the doctors say just remember dont get sucked in hunny.

" my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never, never leave you during your times of trials and suffering. When you see only one set of footprints it was then that I carried you" you were carried out of are lifes into the next and when its my time to leave this life I know i will be carried into the next life with you.
I wish i had my world complete again.
'Can we protend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars, i could really use a wish right now' BoB

x-dying-inside-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:42 PM   #11
InsufficientFunds
Je t'aime

I am currently:

I think its a good idea if you don't abuse that kind of thing as i know I would do, and have done previously.

Stay safe chick <3
Paigey xx

Hey man, now you're really living.

InsufficientFunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:21 AM   #12
Caru y Nos

Hey Holly, i just wanted to say thankyou for your kind gesture.
Though, you have absolutely no need to apologise and are not to blame.
It is merely a conflict of interest between those who need to lose weight and those which need to gain!
You have simply fallen trap to this.

Take Care,
Josh

Dead to the world. Alive for the journey

Caru y Nos is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)