RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2007, 11:55 PM   #1
abba12
Peeking out from behind the barrier

I am currently:
i want so badly to trust him...

I've given up on hoping to get more than one or two replies from you guys, but thanks for the people that do reply, it means alot. typing stuff helps a bit though so i may as well write this out.

I'm in contact with someone again. this person once promised he wouldnt ever hurt me, and i trusted him alot. then when he had a horrible day took it out on me in the worst way and destroyed alot of the confidence i had in myself, and the trust i had slowly been developing. its hard for me to trust. he and i haddnt spoken since untill recently when he added me to msn again. he says hes grown alot, he says hes sorry for what he did, and i want so badly to beleive him, and talk to him about whats going on. hes been through similar things to me and is the only one who ever showed much true understanding over what i did tell him. i want so badly to trust him, but im scared.. i cant go through what he put me through again...

theres more to it but thats hard to explane

bah i dunno

abba12 is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 13-06-2007, 01:11 AM   #2
Coffee Addict
~♥ANGEL VOICE♥~,

I am currently:

Don't really think trusting him will be worth it if it happened again.

Maybe talk, but to trust...I don't think I would do it

In Youth We LEARN....
With Age We UNDERSTAND.
I'll never try to fit in.
I was born to stand out!

Coffee Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 10:18 AM   #3
Crysainta

I really think you need to make him work to earn that trust back. He may not be well enough to trust himself if he let himself hurt you that badly in the first place. Talk to him if you need to, but don't give out your trust willingly.

Crysainta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 10:30 AM   #4
~elaine~
~www~

I am currently:

Take your time, people need to earn trust

Tearless grief bleeds inwardly

~elaine~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 10:35 AM   #5
AMS1
AMS1

I am currently:
Trust

Hi - I was told once that "trust" is the hardest thing to build up once it's been knocked down. It doesn't mean it's impossible but it takes a lot of thought, work and time. You can't trust someone who has hurt you badly just because they say they won't do it again. They have to earn that trust and prove to you that you will be safe with them - that doesn't happen overnight or even over weeks. Be careful and take your time even if your longing to be with him is strong - you come first so look out for yourself.

Hope this helps even a wee bit.

AMS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 11:21 AM   #6
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

AMS1 said what I was going to say! If you want to trust him so badly then maybe it is worth taking a chance but take things very slowly because if nothing else it will give you a chance to see whether he has really changed.

*hugs* sorry I cant be more help

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 07:14 PM   #7
Margo

I am currently:

Why would you give up hope in getting replies? People give what they can when they can. Just give people a chance. Sometimes they may not relate or know what to say.

I hope you make the right decision with this boy.

Matthew

~Phoenix~ is my Little Sister of Awesomeness and Self-Delusion :P
Bitter Angel is my Mitten
Animad is my Top Trump
All Im Living For - Is my beautiful and special daughter who isnt called Kim but will moan if i dont add her :P

Margo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2007, 03:56 PM   #8
Mimsy

I am currently:

I had a similar situation..I won't explain it on here, truthfully I feel ashamed of what he wanted. But things have improved between me and the guy. We're getting closer again slowly, but it is taking time. If you want a chat, PM me.

Mimsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)