RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-03-2008, 09:08 PM   #1
lower than myself
Yazz - Formerly PopBangFizz__x
 
lower than myself's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kettering
I am currently:
Vampire Eyes

Okay, so I got bored a few weeks ago & I had one of those 10 minute brainwaves, that I thought would never come back :] But it has, so I'm going to carry on with this story that I will finish :]

Chapter 1

He was like nothing I’d ever seen before, his raven black hair shone in what little light was in the room, his eye’s were a light shade of blue, I could see them gleam in the darkness. He stood there, arms by his side and stared at me, I stared back, what else could I do, ask a vampire to help me escape? Yeah right, ‘cause that’d go down well.

I’d never really believed in vampire’s, I’d read about them, although most of the books I had read about them, had said that vampire’s had red eye’s with a slight streak of colour down their hair, but this vampire, he didn’t have any of that, he looked pale, slightly tired, edging towards the shadows as the sun set, I couldn’t waste anymore time, not if I wanted to live.

I edged towards the door, watching the vampire as he stared at me, what was it about his eye’s that I was so drawn too, I’d always read that if you stare into a vampire’s eye’s you were easily hypnotized, so I looked away, looking up every time I stepped towards the door, just to check that he hadn’t moved. He hadn’t. I didn’t get it, I’d been stuck in this room with him for one night and he hadn’t hurt me, not even came close, so what’s stopping him?

I put my hand behind my back, reaching for the door handle, pulling it down I tried to open it without making too much noise and waking up whoever was inside this place, I looked around one last time, checking the vampire hadn’t moved, he had. I looked out of the open window to see moonlight, why didn’t I think of climbing out the window before. God I’m stupid. I started looking around the room again, the vampire had sat down in a corner, eyes on the floor this time, what’s he doing? He must be tired, I could his panting from across the room, I couldn’t leave him like this. Could I?
My mum always used to tell me that it wasn’t right to leave a person that is clearly hurt alone, did this count for vampires too? I rolled my eyes and started making my way towards what looked like a fountain; I’d been using it to drink from, as well as washing my hair, well soaking it, every time I ran my fingers through it, I could tell it was obviously very matted. I walked towards the fountain, with my bottle in hand, as I filled the bottle up, I looked around to see the vampire had moved again. Great, now where was he? I looked around again, but I couldn’t see anything, what’s going on? The painting was getting closer, I looked behind me to see the vampire staring at me again, he looked at the bottle in my hand and I passed it to him, he took it from my hand and smiled.


Chapter 2

I darted back quickly; I don’t know whether it was because I was scared or shocked. How many vampires smile at you when you offer them a drink? How long can vampires go without blood? How long does it take for a vampire to attack? Would it hurt when he did bite me? I had all these thought’s running through my mind, never taking my eyes off him, I was watching his every move but he didn’t do anything, he just stood there and watched me work it all out in my mind, his eyes shone in the moonlight that had quickly descended upon us. I was determined to get out of this mess, alive would be nice. I had to think quickly, what could I do to distract him, give myself a chance to escape. What was I even worrying for, he wasn’t in the best shape, his skin looked pale, his eyes were tired and he looked ready to give up.

I felt sorry for him. I couldn’t leave him, could I?

I never really helped people when they needed it, I wasn’t the ‘helping’ sort. But he was different, something told me I had to help him, something told me he wasn’t going to hurt me. So I went with the first idea that came into my head I grabbed the water bottle out of his pale hand and moved to fill the bottle back up, I could feel his gaze on me and I knew I should have been concentrating on keeping myself alive, but right now, he needed saving more than I did. Whoever left me here, didn’t want me dead, yet.

When I woke up in this cold, damp room I was lying next to a bag, which looked as if it had just been thrown in the room, I could see the dust still settling but I didn’t want to look in it. I didn’t know what would happen, so I sat there and stared at it until a voice came from outside “Eat what’s inside, you need the energy.” I needed the energy? I was going to be someone’s dinner, why would I need the energy? I edged my way towards the bag, slowly, listening to any sounds that weren’t… well human.
I had to try and focus on the bag, as well as listen to the sounds around me, I couldn’t do it, whatever food was in the bag I needed it more than anything, I hadn’t eaten in 24 hours, I couldn’t care whether a vampire wanted to suck me dry, I just needed the energy. Just like the voice said.

I ate all the food that had been thrown into the bag, I even ate the meat that had been thrown in, I wasn’t a big meat eater, but I was desperate at the time. Now I’m really starting to regret it, I could feel my stomach churn. Not a nice feeling when you’re trying to keep yourself alive. I brought myself back into the room I was stuck in, searching for the vampire that had disappeared when I was thinking back to what happened earlier on. I looked around for him, listening out for the panting I could hear, he… well it, sounded as if it really needed help, I wasn’t going to leave him to die, it wouldn’t be right, would it?

No, I had to shake these thoughts from my head and focus on getting us both out of here, but how? Then, as if the vampire had heard everything I was thinking, “There’s a back entrance behind this stone” I looked up surprised that he’d ‘heard’ what I was thinking, I walked over towards the stone he had pointed too and moved my finger’s around the edge until I could find a gap big enough for me to put my finger’s through, I felt my finger’s slip into a hole just below the stone slab so I tried to pull the bottom just an inch, to see if it would budge, but it didn’t. A look of sudden disappointment came across my face, but I wasn’t going to give up, not yet. I pulled my fingers out from under the crack and grabbed the water bottle of the side of the step I was laying on and used what was left of the water to remove the dust and dirt that had clung on to the bottom after all these years.

I threw the bottle backwards and heard a moan from where I’m guessing I’d accidently hit him. “Sorry” I shouted back, a grunt told me that it was okay, but I’m guessing if I done it again I’d have to pay the price… I shifted my thoughts back to what I was doing and within a few minutes I had the stone removed from its place and crashing to the floor.

Next thing I remember, I was through the tunnel, dragging the vampire behind me, trying to save both our skins. we were doing alright up until we were greeted by pure daylight.


Chapter 3

I covered my eyes with my hands as I stumbled out into the sunlight, it had been 3 days since I'd stood in the sun and taken the time to feel it's ray's on my face, I knelt on the ground, exhaustion had caught up with me, but I couldn't stop and rest, not now. Not if I wanted to keep us both alive. I looked back to see him still inside the hole we had made our way through, his eyes glistening as they caught what light shone inside, I pulled myself back into the place I was in now, it looked like a garden, the flower's were in bloom, birds were singing, the skies were blue, which makes a change to the rainy day's we usually have. I noticed the wall that was around the garden, high enough to jump over, but what would be waiting below?

I looked around, checking the surrounding area, making sure that it was all clear before I even tried to find something to cover him up with, something that would keep him out of the sun until we got to shade. I had no idea who or what had brought me here, or why. As I looked around the garden again, I had images of my mother reading me tales of princesses and princes getting married and living happily ever after, but in this place, it just felt like a dream. Something that I could bring myself out of if I just concentrated, but nothing I tried worked. I sighed and looked back into the hole, not sure whether anyone might be sneaking around behind the fence, I mouthed to him, telling him to stay where he was, silly really, considering it was noon and the sun was high in the sky, but the figure just nodded, signalling he had understood what I said and watched as I tried to push myself back up onto my feet, I heard a chuckle behind me as I stumbled to my feet again. I ignored it and made my way towards what looked like a forest, looking for something big enough to cover this ma... vampire.

I had been thinking about whether he had a family, I mean, if vampires had families, surely they would worry just as a human would worry about a member of their family. I was lost in thought when I felt something land on my shoulder, whoever, or after the past few days I've had, whatever had placed this cold object on my shoulder, wasn't happy with me being here. Outisde. I felt my heart pound as I slowloy turned my head to see what it was that had landed on my shoulder. A hand. I gulped and swore to myself as I turned around to see who, or what, was behind me.

When I had turned round and looked up slowly, I saw a man's face look down at me, judging by the way he looked, and smelled, he had had a bumpy life and it didn't look as if it was going to get any better. I stared at his unshaven face, from what I could tell he was in his late 30s. He stared back at me and eventually loosened his grip on my shoulder but he continued to stare at me, I didn't know whether to run or to stay still, he eventually let go of my shoulder, a frown forming on his face as I slowly backed away and ran in the direction I came from, I didn't stop running until I was sure I was safe and away from the man that I'd just encountered, I kept chekcing behind me and finally stopped running, I needed to catch my breath and find something to cover him up with, I was still panting when I heard footsteps behind me, I daren't look, so I stood still, waiting for the worst possible thing to happen to me, I felt the man's breath on the back of my neck, making my hairs stand up on end, then a smug laugh and the footsteps started walking past me, circling me. I stared straight ahead, hoping he wouldn't make eye contact, I sighed when the footsteps had stopped, but now it was a matter of waiting, waiting to see what this man was capable of.

I felt his hand on my shoulder again, pushing me to the floor, I tried to resist, but he was strong, so I gave up and let him push me to my knees. He bent down in front of me and smiled, showing what was left of his yellow teeth, his breath on my face made me feel sick to the stomach, but I didn't want to run, I didn't want to get hurt, I just knelt there, and waited, waited for something bad to happen. The man just chuckled and got up, walking back in the direction he had followed me from, I watched him walk away, only moving when I was sure he had vanished, I stood up, and continued to walk back towards the garden when I stoped, something told me that there was something wrong, I wasn't alone, I stood still, again, and listened. It was that man, he chuckled again and said "I wouldn't help it" the word 'it' stung, even vampires deserved to be called something other than 'it' I gritted my teeth and waited for the voice to carry on, "It, don't deserve help!" then, the voice just vanished, as if I'd been imagining it.

I ran and ran, back to the garden, memorising every turn I had taken, every encounter I had with that man, I didn't feel safe by myself, I needed to be with someone, even if that someone was a bloodsucker.


Last edited by lower than myself : 18-04-2008 at 12:43 AM.



'All this for a damn princess'



♥ Drella, YellowLemon, ChloeBean
Glittertrashdoll, Blind at heart, Mercipourlevenin, Silent_Screams, Laurawr ♥


lower than myself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:20 PM   #2
Lewis The Second
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leeds

I really want to love this. Sort our your grammar and I will.

It's so quirky, odd and generally brilliant. It's really sinister even though it gives absolutely no reason to be. It's devoid of any standard narrative, but that makes it brilliant. It's really short, but that keeps it mysterious. I haven't got a clue what I'm supposed to take from this, and I love that.

Lewis The Second is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:25 AM.