RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28-02-2008, 09:05 PM   #1
*..life in pain..*
Irene
 
*..life in pain..*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Greece
I am currently:
any movies?

Can you tell me some movies that have any form of mental illness?

I know girl interrupted.any other?



My RYL family:
I-used-to-be-positive is my big sister razorxkissedxwrists is my mommy alyssa.star is my sister phoenixflames_forever is my cousin concreteangel, helpmydeath, xxbeckyxx and queer fringe are my little sisters bob--says--hi is my twin


pm me anytime


*..life in pain..* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2008, 09:11 PM   #2
charcoal feathers
 
charcoal feathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Wiltshire UK
I am currently:

Didn't you ask the about mental illness/SI films like a month or so ago?

Manic.
watch it.



It's so easy to get lost in constantly having to present
whatever face you believe a person wants to see rather than your own



charcoal feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2008, 09:23 PM   #3
*..life in pain..*
Irene
 
*..life in pain..*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Greece
I am currently:

i asked about SI not mental illnesses!



My RYL family:
I-used-to-be-positive is my big sister razorxkissedxwrists is my mommy alyssa.star is my sister phoenixflames_forever is my cousin concreteangel, helpmydeath, xxbeckyxx and queer fringe are my little sisters bob--says--hi is my twin


pm me anytime


*..life in pain..* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2008, 09:37 PM   #4
charcoal feathers
 
charcoal feathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Wiltshire UK
I am currently:

haha, chill.

Manic is about mental illnesses anyhoo.



It's so easy to get lost in constantly having to present
whatever face you believe a person wants to see rather than your own



charcoal feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2008, 09:50 PM   #5
*..life in pain..*
Irene
 
*..life in pain..*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Greece
I am currently:

thanks!!i will go rent it if i find it!



My RYL family:
I-used-to-be-positive is my big sister razorxkissedxwrists is my mommy alyssa.star is my sister phoenixflames_forever is my cousin concreteangel, helpmydeath, xxbeckyxx and queer fringe are my little sisters bob--says--hi is my twin


pm me anytime


*..life in pain..* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2008, 09:52 PM   #6
charcoal feathers
 
charcoal feathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Wiltshire UK
I am currently:

Do it.
it's good, plus it stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt



It's so easy to get lost in constantly having to present
whatever face you believe a person wants to see rather than your own



charcoal feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2008, 11:17 PM   #7
belle_xx
Protect Me From What I Want
 
belle_xx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London
I am currently:

a beautiful mind is about schizoprenia xo



live. love. burn. die.

belle_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2008, 08:59 PM   #8
xColdxBleedx
Hate, such a weak word
 
xColdxBleedx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newcastle. Uk
I am currently:

Donnie darko is possibly the best film ive seen about mental health. Also joe vs the volcano. Rules of attraction is another. wilbur wants to kill himself. You could include the shining into that aswell. Ermm One flew over the cuckoos nest. Thats all i can think of for now >.<.

xColdxBleedx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2008, 09:13 PM   #9
charcoal feathers
 
charcoal feathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Wiltshire UK
I am currently:

David And Lisa is good too.



It's so easy to get lost in constantly having to present
whatever face you believe a person wants to see rather than your own



charcoal feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:47 PM   #10
I-Feel-Infinite
Jess ~♥
 
I-Feel-Infinite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Wiltshire, UK
I am currently:

eeermm...... gothika's set in a mental hospital....




As a little kid you believed in fairytales,
that fantasy of what your life would be: white dress; prince charming who would carry you away to a castle on a hill.
You closed your eyes and had complete and utter faith.
Eventually you grow up. One day you open your eyes and the fairy tale disappears.
But the thing is, it's hard to let go of that fairytale entirely because almost everyone has that smallest bit of hope, of faith,
that one day they will open their eyes and it will come true.


I-Feel-Infinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:40 PM   #11
Daydream
Collect memories not scars
 
Daydream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Llanelli
I am currently:

Benny and Joon!



x♥x♥x♥x


Daydream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:21 PM   #12
devoured_elysium
Some scars are meant to be worn with pride!!!
 
devoured_elysium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Norwich, UK
I am currently:

saints and soldiers has a lil bit bout mental illness, shell shock is looked at, and generally human relationships and how they change, really amazing film.

i cant think of any others.



Release the fear of my pain, In so much pain
Give me the will to fight, Every obstacle that I have inside, Release the fear and, Hear me now
Words I vow, No f*cking regrets, **** these chains
No god damn slave. I will be different,
I'll stand here defiantly, My middle finger raised
F*ck your prejudice

last cut 11th Jan 06
RIP JIM 2nd NOVEMBER 1988 - 11TH FEB 2006


devoured_elysium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:05 PM   #13
Doesnt_matter
Judith
 
Doesnt_matter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germany

Prozac Nation is about depression (and there's one SI scene, too).
Mad love is about bipolar disorder.
Je vais bien, ne t'en fais pas (I guess that there is an English version of it but I guess that there is not an English title for it) is about depression and anorexia.
About a boy is about depression, too.
Wilbur wants to kill himself is about suicide.



I can't control my destiny.
I trust my soul. My only goal is just to be.
(Rent)

I'm selfish, inpatient and a little insecure.
I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. (Marilyn Monroe)


Doesnt_matter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:17 PM   #14
amixlovesxcheryl
 
amixlovesxcheryl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Birmingham
I am currently:

One flew over the cuckoos nest
To Kill a Mockingbird
A beautiful mind
I never promised you a rose garden


All that comes to mind at the minute thats not listed



The shortness of life, I keep saying, makes everything seem pointless when I think about the longess of death.
When I look ahead, all I can see is my final demise. And they say not for seventy or eighty years.
And I say, Maybe you, but me,
I'm already gone
.


PM me if you ever need to talk, im always here to listen/try and help
Rachiie is my mommy


amixlovesxcheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:52 PM   #15
random.swirls
Head forum moderator
 
random.swirls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Timbuktu!
I am currently:

On the edge is about suicide and self harm set in a psychiatric hospital I wasnt expecting it to be based on that but I enjoyed it




When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball


random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:08 AM   #16
xColdxBleedx
Hate, such a weak word
 
xColdxBleedx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newcastle. Uk
I am currently:

the secret life of zoey < very good film, pretty simple, but about a teen girl addicted to drugs, and in denial till she tries to kill herself < its a good film.

xColdxBleedx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:08 PM   #17
Lil'MissLaLa
Art is a lie that makes us realise the truth
 
Lil'MissLaLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South West England
I am currently:

sharing the secret - about eds
prozac nation
thirteen

cant think of anymore atm




'Imagination is more important than knowledge'

http://maddani.deviantart.com/


Lil'MissLaLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:24 PM.