RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15-02-2008, 08:11 PM   #1
TheCon
 
Baby Bible Bashers

I was wondering if anyone else saw this documentary last night?

I thought it was insaneeeeeee and the children were a little brainwashed themselves.
Interesting, but freaky.

  Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2008, 08:15 PM   #2
Ash*
 
Ash*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Liverpool
I am currently:

God,it was terrifying!

It's just,so wrong!
All of it. It gets me SO,so SO angry I can't even start to explain.




"Watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."



Ash* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2008, 10:01 PM   #3
Jukebox
 

I saw it. I think it's f*cked up. Very f*cked up.

  Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2008, 11:47 PM   #4
mikey
I'm a girl
 
mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
I am currently:

A little brainwashed?!!
What a terrible way to bring up your children. Especially that poor little blonde lad, getting all upset and worried about other people being in eternal torture... it's just wrong to teach kids things like that. And the black kid, being exploited by his dad for profit. It's absolutely f*cking terrible. I almost couldn't believe what I was seeing.



There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: 'This glass is half full'. And then there are those who say: 'This glass is half empty'.
The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: 'What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!

Terry Pratchett


mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2008, 12:52 AM   #5
Ashami
 
Ashami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008

I thought it was incredibly sad. I think the parents are cruel and twisted and it was clear that they were living their lives thru their kids, who no doubt will find themselves in therapy or hell, or both, when they grow up.

How about when the blonde lad got a beating in the back of the bus!

Ashami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2008, 12:55 AM   #6
Samz
Peter Pan
 
Samz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southampton, UK
I am currently:

Oh crap i really wanted to see this =[ forgot it was on!
from what i saw on adverts, in magazines etc though it sounded reallyy a bit terrifying.



take my hand, & we'll make it i swear.


Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2008, 01:01 AM   #7
ghosts in the machine
coimeádaí rún
 
ghosts in the machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
I am currently:

That was awful - the kid didn't want to read and then asked his mum not to lean her arm on him when holding hte book and so she spanked cos he was "disobedient". WTF?!
And those kids were.. completely brainwashed.. =/ Scary...



For those doubts that swirl all around us
For those lives that tear at the seams
We know… we’re not what we’ve seen

For this dance we’ll move with each other
There ain’t no other step than one foot
Right in front of the other

~ We're marching on... ~


ghosts in the machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2008, 12:45 PM   #8
TheCon
 

I think it's so scary to realise that children, our future generations, are being brought up like this.
And the whole thing about the blonde kid saying that if you were a sinner worms would eat you....well tbf, if you die and get buried worms ARE going to eat you, cause it's all part of the natural process.
I think his parents are scaring him into keeping in line and i think they have twisted the truth because he's so little and is obviously going to believe anything his parents tell him.

  Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2008, 02:35 PM   #9
BeautyFiend
 
BeautyFiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
I am currently:

I didn't watch it, as I don't have a tv.
But I shall be searching for it online.





BeautyFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2008, 02:43 PM   #10
alice*BOB*
 
alice*BOB*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Reading/Grantham :)
I am currently:

BeautyFiend - you can watch it on 4OD.
I'm halfway through watching it and I think that it's awful.
The children really are brainwashed.



And I dont want the world to see me
cause I dont think that theyd understand



alice*BOB* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2008, 03:17 PM   #11
Sharloid.
 
Sharloid.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lancashire, England.
I am currently:

Child abuse! o:

Sharloid. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2008, 03:24 PM   #12
Pixies Stole My Sanity
 
Pixies Stole My Sanity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Currently, Wolver'ampton. Midlands. Sofa.
I am currently:

I wish i'd seen it..



Sarchasm, the gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the recipient who doesn't get it
'Life is a sexually transmitted disease'



Pixies Stole My Sanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2008, 03:33 PM   #13
BeautyFiend
 
BeautyFiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
I am currently:

I can't get 4OD =]
If anyone can find it i'd well appreciate it =]





BeautyFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2008, 04:21 PM   #14
Sooty
Sophie
 
Sooty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: East Sussex
I am currently:

This really freaked me out. Surely children should have a choice as to what they believe and what their faith is before they start preaching. Raising children with such a narrow mind will not do well for the child socially. Poor children being denied their own childhood full of play and exploration.

Sophie.x



Soon... Now will be then...Today will be yesterday... Present will be past...And thought will be memory... So...Live for the future! Make your future how you want it!

Sooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2008, 04:48 PM   #15
xfallenangelx
sarah
 
xfallenangelx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: stansted
I am currently:

i found even the advert for it scary
:(
xx





[center]
" I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside."

xfallenangelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2008, 07:24 PM   #16
BlindSpot.
Kiss Kiss, Bang, Bang.
 
BlindSpot.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: England, Essex.
I am currently:

I saw the adverts and am just about to watch it on 4OD. From the advert's it did seem very strange.

Ali xox




With demons dancing off mirror images reflecting all that you wanted.
So far from perfect, onward we will strive.
Take it for what it's worth, this truth that you've realized.
You're not who you thought you were, it's time to see the other side of what you have become.


BlindSpot. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2008, 07:33 PM   #17
Persephone Hazard
I'm telling you stories. Trust me.
 
Persephone Hazard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: London
I am currently:

I might go and find out if we can get 4OD in a bit - god, that sounds scary, but very interesting.

Persephone Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2008, 11:32 PM   #18
squarepeginaroundhole
 
squarepeginaroundhole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006

I saw half of it and it makes me so angry, I'm not even going to start elaborating here, because I'd be ranting until Christmas.

I feel so sorry for those children. If you want to live your life like that, fine, but for the love of all sanity, indoctrinating your children into such narrow-minded fear? What is wrong with them?!

If heaven is going to be populated with people like that, I'll take my chances elsewhere...



~~ if love is friendship set on fire, let's turn this world to ashes ~~


squarepeginaroundhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2008, 11:38 PM   #19
HopeRises
 
HopeRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: UK

I watched it the other night..found it pretty twisted..very twisted.
Especially the blonde kid.. I'm sure he believes what he's saying but I guess its cause he's been told that and kids are impressionable.
And yeah, I guessed they were making money out of the other kid.
The only one which I thought was probably less twisted was the little brazilian girl because at 12 she's kinda old enough to make her mind up and must believe what she's doing is good etc.



Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in




HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2008, 11:51 PM   #20
healingraine
Psalm 34
 
healingraine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: deep in the heart of Texas
I am currently:

I'm guessing this was only aired in the UK, since this is the first I've heard of it...
I looked it up & read about it here http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/sponsor...dge/week4.html

And just from that i don't see any problems...

But if anyone finds it online...



SI free solely by the grace of God!
August 2, 2007


healingraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:03 PM.