RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14-02-2008, 09:54 AM   #1
koukai
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Short poem- "Burn" (Could trig. if it's any good -lol-)

The story behind it seems so much more meaningful than the poem itself. I've been free from S.I. for a very long time now. I've stopped keeping track. But tonight was so absolutely miserable, that I returned to an old habit - I just didn't know what else to do. Anyway, I don't regret it and I don't think I'll continue so I'm not looking for words of encouragement. I just wanted to share this with you all.

After I'd calmed down and laid down for bed, this just came into my head. I jumped up to write it down, and want to know what you all think. I know it sounds like it's about burning, but it's just using that as a metaphor for cutting. It's referring to the burning/stinging sensation that follows a cut.

anyway, here goes:

I like for my skin to burn.
And sometimes...
Well, sometimes you just have to light a match.
So when your skin feels like a matchbox -
itching with sand, torn by glass, and bleeding phosphorus,
Friction is the only release.
And when it's over,
you're left with a quietly smoldering fire,
blistering and burning on the surface of your skin -
The glowing embers of your emotions.

(I hate the last line, feel free to make suggestions. And if you're wondering, sand, powdered glass, and red phosphorus are what make a match ignite when struck.)

koukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:30 AM.