RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13-02-2008, 05:46 PM   #1
Ollie 36-0
 
Ollie 36-0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mill Hill, London
I am currently:
Possibly Triggering - I need an opinion on these song lyrics

Ive just restarted a band at school after the drummer left, so now theres 2 of us, so the lyrics need to be quite strong bcz of the lack of music we can make without multitracking.

So, can someone say if theres anything i could improve on these lyrics or any opinions etc.
_____________________________

A bleeding angel spreads her wings,
Tattered and torn by the winds.
A life she could live without,
She needs to find a way out

Of this dream she seems to be trapped in,
She wants to find out what
A normal life is like

_____________________________

i havent written a chorus yet, thats just verse 1 and the pre chorus

Thanks for looking



Enemy - Show me what you wanna be, I can handle anything, even if i can't handle you. Readily - Either way it better be, don't you f*cking pity me. Get up, get off

If you fear death, it proves you have a life worth living that you want to live.

Ollie 36-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 09:18 PM   #2
Ollie 36-0
 
Ollie 36-0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mill Hill, London
I am currently:

anyone? i need this ASAP to record



Enemy - Show me what you wanna be, I can handle anything, even if i can't handle you. Readily - Either way it better be, don't you f*cking pity me. Get up, get off

If you fear death, it proves you have a life worth living that you want to live.

Ollie 36-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 10:03 PM   #3
broken and defeated
 
broken and defeated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
I am currently:

hey ollie

i dont know what tempo your singing these lyrics to

but heres another way u could word it.

A bleeding angel spreads her wings,
Tattered and torn by the blustery winds.
A life she that could live without,
She needs to find the way out

Of this dream she seems to be trapped in,
She wants to find out what
An ordinary life would be like

hope this is ok

how is the chorus going if u want a hand i will be more than happy to help

Amy

broken and defeated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 10:07 PM   #4
Ollie 36-0
 
Ollie 36-0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mill Hill, London
I am currently:

blustery doesnt fit but the rest is good, thanks, ill acknowledge you on the website when its up :)



Enemy - Show me what you wanna be, I can handle anything, even if i can't handle you. Readily - Either way it better be, don't you f*cking pity me. Get up, get off

If you fear death, it proves you have a life worth living that you want to live.

Ollie 36-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2008, 01:18 AM   #5
Dicky T
 

...Seems alittle chiche to me. I mean, I love lyrics, love love love love lyrics, which is why I listen to Neutral Milk Hotel and Of Montreal.

I love it when people get obscure as well, like...Of Montreal has a song called "The past is a grotesque animal", and it has one of the greatest lines ever. It's about his wife leaving him, and how she tortured his soul, and he describe it like this:

"Somehow you've red rovered, the gestapo circling my heart,
And nothing can defeat you, no death no ugly word!
You've lived so brightly, you've altered everything,
I find myself searching for old selves, WHILE BEATING FORWARD THROUGH THE PLATEGLASS OF MATURING CELLS"

GOD I love that song.
But talking of bleeding angels is somewhat cheesy, describe an angel without actually saying angel. For example Jeff mangum calls for Blister.

"Blister please with those wings in your spine"

But on the other hand, somethings have to be straight to the point.
A subtle blend of the two works well.

Sorry, I babbled. I just love music and lyricism, which I also believe most "metal" lacks.

Dicky!

  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:10 AM.