RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2007, 03:12 PM   #1
TheWeirdOnes
Meh

I am currently:
Triggering (Suicide) - I'm home ... but i wanna again.

Okay sunday night I tried to comit suicide. I tried to slit my wrists because i wanted to know if it would work and I'm more comfortable with slitting.

Well they wanted to put me in a psych ward to I lied to them and told them i was feelin' better.

I've only just got home ... I thought I'd be okay but I'm getting urges again ... Which is kinda bad ya know? Anybody got any ideas on what i can do to curb the urges to supress them or SOMETHING?

Kyle xx

TheWeirdOnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 03:25 PM   #2
perfection is a flaw

hey im glad that youre ok, i hope that you didnt do too much damage. are you seeing a therapist? trust me you dont want to end up in a psych ward, ive been an IP for several months now and it really sucks. is there anyone you can talk to? theres always the fun and distractions forum, sorry im not too much help im in a bad place right now
*hugs*
take care and look after yourself
x x x

perfection is a flaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 03:52 PM   #3
surprising mystery

I am currently:

Hey, Were you given a contact or a follow up appointment? Maybe get in touch with them and ask for some community help such as a CPN to visit. You are clearly in a crisis situation and hopefully you can see that slitting your wrists probably wont kill you but just land you in hospital again, which i doubt you want, seeing as you lied to get out.

Distractions... those Arcade games are fab, maybe search the net for random photos and pics. Draw, write, scream, run, jump, maybe you need to loose some energy in a positive way. Sometimes just a walk will let out some steam and give you a break. If you have been indoors for a while get out for a bit.

If you like reading and your concentration isnt shot to peices maybe get a good book?

Sorry there isnt much decent advice in this but take care and PM me if you wanna chat. You must keep going because this will get better, its a bad patch but it will pass. xoxox

X Marie X

L_M_G is my mummy :) inkerman and razorbladedarling are my two non-identical twin sprogs (concieved on same day) Scabette< cos she has the cutest puppy dog eyes and i cant resist!feeling-afraid< my bottle of glitter!! which i just have to have :Pmidnight stars< my gorgeous sister, whom i love to bits ;) Dance With The Fairy< *star*gazing*buddie :] Broken-Fairy is my partner in crime ;) little_miss is my real life saviour PaperClip is my stationary queen

surprising mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:34 PM   #4
Delephynite
This member is currently not banned.

I am currently:

Hey there.

Having tried to commit suicide a bunch of times myself, I can sympathise with how horrible it is to have to stay in hospital overnight after an attempt. Nurses always in your face, awkward questions such as “why’d you do it?” when you’re sitting there wanting to scream, “well it’s blatantly obvious why I did it”. You know what I mean?

So it’s not uncommon for people who have tried to commit suicide to tell staff that they are feeling better when they’re not and be discharged. Trouble is as you’ve discovered is your most fragile period is just after an attempt and it really is for the best if you’re in hospital.

My main advice would be if you really do feel like you’re at risk, go back to the psych ward you were in and tell them. Yes, they will most likely keep you in hospital for observation and it’ll be frustrating but if you really want to get help, which just by posting on here it seems you really do want help. Even if it seems like you want to die more than anything else, I’ve been in that position honey and I can tell you; it will get better, you’ve just got to hold on and make the right decisions for you.

I was about to link you to the distraction section of the main site, but it appears not to be done yet, hah.

If you find you really do need to do something about the physical urges then I suggest two things;

One. The one we’ve all heard about, get a rubber band, put it around your wrist and snap it. If that’s not working then maybe try two or more rubber bands at a time?

Two. Hold ice very tightly in your hands. This one will help too a little bit.

But if they get worse, as I’ve said, hospital may for now be the best place for you until you’re feeling stronger.

Take care of yourself, honey. I hope this has helped.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici.
By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.

Delephynite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:36 PM   #5
TheWeirdOnes
Meh

I am currently:

i had to stay 3 nights, i'm seeing my current psychiatrist + a suicide counciler + a consultant + somebody else from now on ... My parents wont leave me alone, suicide watch =/ i still wanna do it again ...

Old 06-06-2007, 10:44 PM   #6
TheWeirdOnes
Meh

I am currently:

and now my girlfriend AND my boyfriend (yeah i was kinda 2 timing ...) have just left me ... over it ... i'm so alone. i might just do it again.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:07 AM   #7
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Hun, it's not worth having another "another go" at it just because these people have left you. Yeah, it's sucks and it's guna hurt that they're not there for you - but if this succeeded you've lost your whole damn life over these two people who, in the scheme of things, arn't worth ending something so huge.

Please talk to someone about how you're feeling - you're obviously going to be talking a lot and I understand how that could be annoying, but, please reach out and let them know how you're feeling - it's the only way for all of this support to really work.

Best Wishes
Aimee xo

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)