RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 31-05-2014, 10:29 PM   #1
Jordan Leigh
Hope

Life in a weight loss clinic

Yes, that's right. I have an eating disorder and am working at Jenny Craig, the weight loss clinic. Triggers are EVERYWHERE. We have multiple scales, including the body fat % detector ones, weight loss success stories and advice everywhere and I also have a few of my own clients I assist directly with their weight loss goals. I am working there until August and it's not really an option to quit before then but I know how better off my recovery would be without it. We also have thin girls that come in who just want to be their minimum healthy weight and we can't turn them down. I think that's the most triggering of all.

Does anybody have any advice about how I can adjust my mentality and survive here the next 2 months?

Jordan Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2014, 10:50 PM   #2
Allie44

Aah that sounds really difficult. I know I couldn't be in that situation and not completely relapse. Hang in there, it's only two months, although I'm sure it will feel like much longer x

Allie44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:27 AM   #3
mocha

I am currently:

Sorry thats really hard I can't imagine. Sucks ur stuck there but hopefully like 2 months will pass quick!! I would be soo triggered too sorry I don't have great advice. I think maybe just remember that being healthy and having a life is supposed to be way happier than being tormented by ur ed and it shouldn't define u but like where u work is soo hard i don't know anyone who wouldn't get triggered. but think like people going there want to get healthy by loosing weight and u might need to just gain or maintain but u have the same goal to be healthy :) and be able to live ur life

mocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:06 PM   #4
Jordan Leigh
Hope

Thanks a lot for the responses, Allie and Mocha! It is rough but just 2 months to go.

Jordan Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)