RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15-09-2013, 07:34 PM   #1
NothingButWords
Kate
 
NothingButWords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Need a New TV Show

What it says in the title. I need something new to obsess over.

I've watched:

Doctor Who
Sherlock
Robin Hood
Once Upon a Time
Castle
Bones
The Vampire Diaries
House
Glee
Rizzoli and Isles

Also some sitcoms, but I prefer drama so if anyone has any good shows to recommend...

NothingButWords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #2
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.
 
FabulousMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Here, there and everywhere.
I am currently:

Big Bang Theory,
Criminal Minds,
Eureka,
The IT Crowd,
The Wire,
The Corner,
Boardwalk Empire.





FabulousMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #3
FranticMind
 
FranticMind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hogsmeade.
I am currently:

you can watch episodes of Torchwood on netflix :)

FranticMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2013, 08:43 PM   #4
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.
 
FabulousMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Here, there and everywhere.
I am currently:

Netflix is where it's at!





FabulousMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #5
Revolving Door
 
Revolving Door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
I am currently:

Under the Dome
Dexter
Alley McBeal
Frasier
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Angel
Fringe
Breaking Bad
Greys Anatomy
ER
Revenge
Homeland
Emily Owens MD
Scrubs
Alcatraz
Dollhouse
Supernatural
Ghost Whisperer
Heros
The Fades
Lie to Me
Psych

....to name a few. I find just going on Amazon and looking at recommendations based on what you enjoy.



Please visit my book blog
http://bletheringbooks.blog.com/

There are moments in my life where I just wonder why?

Then I realise this is why I am still alive



Revolving Door is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2013, 10:50 PM   #6
ARW1988
 
ARW1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: UK
I am currently:

Firefly
The Newsroom
Whitechapel
The West Wing
How I Met Your Mother
Blue Bloods
Friends
24
....Can't think of any others which haven't been mentioned here.

ARW1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2013, 06:27 AM   #7
Rhapsody
meditating and breathing slowly
 
Rhapsody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In a glass vial in the pocket of a beautiful mind.
I am currently:

Misfits. Watch Misfits.



rhap·so·dy - an ecstatic expression of feeling or enthusiasm. ♫

"Sacrifice is the most you can love someone." ♥

“Love was at best an excuse for stupidity, at worst a destructive, dangerous emotion that drove men to acts of annihilation which defied logic. It was a twisted, insidious sentiment used to justify everything from spoiling a child to destroying entire civilizations.”


Rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 05:31 PM   #8
Charmed
I'm safe up high.
 
Charmed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: On a cloud

I third (is that correct phrase?!) Supernatural and the Big Bang Theory.

Also Charmed ;)

Charmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #9
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.
 
FabulousMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Here, there and everywhere.
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
I third (is that correct phrase?!)
Technically no, normally someone puts a motion forward, someone seconds it then it moves to a vote. Just felt the urge to put that out there.

As in 'I say we eat pancakes' someone then says 'I second that' then it moves to a vote.

Sorry, i'll shut up now.





FabulousMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #10
Revolving Door
 
Revolving Door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
I am currently:

YES Gilmore girls!

Black Books
A Bit of Fry and Lorrie
Jeeves and Wooster!
Fire Fly
Friends!

Just to add some votes to those shows!

And Mike (I am guessing it is Mike) I like learning things so you have given me my fact of the day! Learn something new everyday and remember it. :)



Please visit my book blog
http://bletheringbooks.blog.com/

There are moments in my life where I just wonder why?

Then I realise this is why I am still alive



Revolving Door is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #11
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.
 
FabulousMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Here, there and everywhere.
I am currently:

It sure is Mike :) I'm glad I could teach someone something.





FabulousMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2013, 10:14 AM   #12
SirEffinBarsteward
The one, the only....
 
SirEffinBarsteward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: London
I am currently:

Arrow
Game of Thrones



Cuz we all spend half our time running around, f*cked out of our minds
And we spend the other half sleeping at desks and praying just to get back...


That shade of crazy suits you


SirEffinBarsteward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2013, 01:05 PM   #13
Faulty item
 
Join Date: Nov 2012

Take the high road.
I find tv difficult now , i get easily anxious and end up worrying and reading stuff in the programmes that somehow connects or gives answers to me.
I can watch ren and stimpy though and that does make me laugh .
I listen to a lot of radio and always have done.
I started watching prison break upto episode 5 in 1st series and found it to stressful but enjoyable.
I did watch every season of the wire though, that was a fine production.

Faulty item is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2013, 10:20 AM   #14
lildarkone
 
lildarkone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arizona, USA
I am currently:

If you love Drama then I recommend Burn Notice. It gets kind of dark near the final season, but it's extremely engaging and you become engrossed in the characters.
I also recommend the new series Sleepy Hollow if you can find a place that's showing the episodes. There's only two so far, but it's pretty interesting so far.



For some death by cuteness click here --->
http://cuteoverload.com/
"When you can't run you crawl, When you can't crawl, You find someone to carry you." ~Firefly
"Life cannot ever really defeat a writer who is in love with writing, for life itself is a writer's lover until death - fascinating, cruel, lavish, warm, cold, treacherous, constant." ~ Edna Ferber
"I love writing. I love the swirl and swing of words as they tangle with human emotion." ~ James Michener

lildarkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2013, 06:54 PM   #15
Charmed
I'm safe up high.
 
Charmed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: On a cloud

Haha thanks Mike, that is definitely good to know :P

Charmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #16
Daenerys
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Surrey

Continuum
Person of Interest
The Following
Falling Skies
Banshee (amazing!)



"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." -Helen Keller


Daenerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:39 AM.