RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #1
dragonfly
A flower for beauty....A heart for love....
 
dragonfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: losing myself with no trace of home
I am currently:
Not Ready Freak Out - Pregnancy realated

I keep think I've only got about 18 weeks lefts, which in the great scheme of it all really isn't that long. We have nothing sorted. My manager hasn't even done my risk assessment even though I'm a chef which is quite a high risk job in this heat.

Nothing is getting sorted. All I've managed to buy for little man is a pack of dummies. He has nothing to wear when it comes to it all and all his sleeping and travel stuff is still in Norfolk with no idea when its going to be able to be brought over.


I keep trying to prepare for him but I'm just not getting anywhere and my other half still doesn't have the interest in the baby so I'm left with working full time, doing the house work and trying to find the time and money for baby stuff, which is proving very hard when im doing a 40+ hour week. He is working the same amount of hours as me but he doesn't do the home stuff, even though I have asked him many times just to help me with it all.
He seems to think im only pregnant, how hard can it be. but this kid is zapping everything from me. I can feel my body going in to shut-down but im constantly having to fight against it so I can function and work still.

me and my partner working the same kitchen and we're the only kitchen staff so if I cant go in it means he doesn't get his days off either which isn't fair on him as he has a couple of fractured disks in his back. But then I know its not fair on me and his son for me to have to push myself as much as I have been.

It has been such an easy pregnancy so far but the lack of energy has been building up and I don't know if I can carry on with it along with trying to do everything that needs doing.



I don't even know if any of this makes sense really.

Sorry, I need to rant and moan at times.

x



littlewhisper, my guardian angel. I-Love-You XxX
little_miss, such an amazing friend. LoveYou XxX

I hate it, I don't want it, I don't need it, I never want to see it, You can take it, You can break it.

Mummy to my gorgeous wolf cub - 30/10/2013. Our little fighter at 3 weeks early and a tiny 4lbs 14oz.


dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:58 AM   #2
Pi.R^2
RYL Super Sponsor!
 
Pi.R^2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Safety Cupboard
I am currently:

Sorry you didn't get any replies to this! How are things going now? Has the risk assessment been done now? If not, it might be an idea to ask whoever is in charge of your antenatal care for some advise on the legalities of the situation- surely you are entitled to some maternity leave!

I hope you've made some progress with your other half too, as it sounds like he's not being as helpful as he could be.



No other sadness in the world would do


Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #3
dragonfly
A flower for beauty....A heart for love....
 
dragonfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: losing myself with no trace of home
I am currently:

Thank you.
The risk assessment has kind of been done, I think that's the best im going to get really.

The freak out is still there but im trying to keep it under wraps when im around others.
I'm getting there with getting some stuff sorted but I just keep worrying how im going to get through it all. Labor scares me so much, I just don't want to go through it and then the thought of having this little boy that needs everything from me scares me just as much. How can I provide for someone so tiny and helpless when I struggle to keep myself in check half the time.

Part of my thinks i would have been better off getting an abortion but then the thought of that makes me hate myself. X



littlewhisper, my guardian angel. I-Love-You XxX
little_miss, such an amazing friend. LoveYou XxX

I hate it, I don't want it, I don't need it, I never want to see it, You can take it, You can break it.

Mummy to my gorgeous wolf cub - 30/10/2013. Our little fighter at 3 weeks early and a tiny 4lbs 14oz.


dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:22 PM   #4
Cacoethes
90's B*tch
 
Cacoethes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hyrule
I am currently:

I think the 'oh my god I have nothing ready' thing is quite normal. I remember calling my mum the day before my due date and panicking about not having something silly (can't remember what it was)

Could you order some stuff online? And supermarkets do multi packs of things like vests and sleepsuits really cheap. Charity shops even, babies grow out of things so fast that there are loads of nearly new and new baby stuff in there. I got a lot for Jasmine from charity shops.

I remember having similar thoughts, I was terrified of labour and at about weeks 20-30, I thought I should have got an abortion. Those feelings kind of instantly disappear though. Once the maternal instinct kicks in, then things kind of fall into place. It happens at different stages for different people, my maternal instinct didn't really make an appearance until after Jasmine was born.

xx



I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!


Who else is fine?!?!?


Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:30 PM   #5
Just a girl, Interrupted.
drowning in a sea of tears
 
Just a girl, Interrupted.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
I am currently:

The 'oh my god I have nothing ready' is completely normal. So is the worry of having someone totally dependant on you for everything. I have thought both many times, the latter as recently as last night! Like Beckie said, supermarkets and charity shops are a great source of baby stuff, especially clothes! I have had loads of success getting good bargains through local Facebook groups as well :) and you will have support with the baby and in caring for it. I also believe that everyone has a maternal instinct and that will kick in at some point!



Nobody knows, nobody cares that I die on the inside
Nobody sees the lie that is me, as I smile on the outside


Just a girl, Interrupted. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:06 PM   #6
Beautifully Broken
Even The Best Fall Down Sometimes.
 
Beautifully Broken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland

The feeling of having nothing ready is completely normal! I was like that with my daughter before she was born. My mum ended up coming round and helping me prepare her room, took all the clothes to wash for me (I didn't have a washing machine at the time). And even then, I still didn't feel ready.

Definitely look online for purchases and shop around for things as some places sell the same product for a better price. Look at reviews as well. I found that has helped me a lot over the past few years of having Faith, especially when it comes to buying new toys if I'm not sure she will like it.

As for your husband, try not to worry. Some men don't fully bond with the baby until the baby is born and they can hold their son/daughter. Some men find it harder to understand what we go through during pregnancy. I keep saying there should be a way for men to feel how we do!

Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well.
Nic
xxx



18.06.2010.


Beautifully Broken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #7
dragonfly
A flower for beauty....A heart for love....
 
dragonfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: losing myself with no trace of home
I am currently:

I have got a few bits from eBay and the site netmums which have been really cheap. And I've been talking to my mum and sister and my sister has said she'll send alot of baby grows to me when her littlest grows out of them which will be in about 2 weeks and she's letting me have her old buggy/travel system and mosses basket again when Charlie grows out of it. And my mum is going to look around for cheap/free stuff for me.

It is nice to know that im not on my own with my freak outs. People I know round here don't seem to understand them but they don't have children.
They understand that my hormones are messed up but not really well enough to give the supple I actually need at times.

But I suppose I've just got to keep remembering that so many other women have gone through it on their own and made it to the other side so I should be able to aswell. Xx



littlewhisper, my guardian angel. I-Love-You XxX
little_miss, such an amazing friend. LoveYou XxX

I hate it, I don't want it, I don't need it, I never want to see it, You can take it, You can break it.

Mummy to my gorgeous wolf cub - 30/10/2013. Our little fighter at 3 weeks early and a tiny 4lbs 14oz.


dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #8
Beautifully Broken
Even The Best Fall Down Sometimes.
 
Beautifully Broken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland

Also try freecycle. We got a few bits off of there.



18.06.2010.


Beautifully Broken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2013, 07:20 AM   #9
midnight fairy
 
midnight fairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Home
I am currently:

How are you doing? Being overwhelmed is normal in regards to your energy levels are you taking vitamin supplements helped my sister with them. Soaking your feet in warm water helps too, with your partner men are sometimes a bit blind to are needs as we are to them well I am an I find sometimes asking for help really hard. So I write a letter to him :) least your getting bits sorted have you got a list of all the things you need might make it a bit less stressful you can see what you need an cross it off as you go an see your making progress :)

Hope you are keeping well if you need anything just pm me

Fairy



There is no chance, no destiny no fate that can circumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul



midnight fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #10
dragonfly
A flower for beauty....A heart for love....
 
dragonfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: losing myself with no trace of home
I am currently:

Hi fairy.
im slowly getting there. The freak outs are still there but I think now they are a little more down to knowing I have under 13 weeks left. I still have stuff to get bit we gave been given loads of clothes tgat I need to go through and organise out.

I've got the midwife on Tuesday so am going to ask if there is any financial help I can get even though im not on any kind of money help/low wage thing, even though I know I would qualify for income support.


Im struggling with the pain a lot right now aswell and helping at work as much as I do. Im sure I spend every day off there aswell just to help my other half out, which takes the piss as he doesn't come to help me on his days off.
In tgat sense I feel like he's taking to much from me.

X



littlewhisper, my guardian angel. I-Love-You XxX
little_miss, such an amazing friend. LoveYou XxX

I hate it, I don't want it, I don't need it, I never want to see it, You can take it, You can break it.

Mummy to my gorgeous wolf cub - 30/10/2013. Our little fighter at 3 weeks early and a tiny 4lbs 14oz.


dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:27 AM.