RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #1
The Stolen One
Caz
 
The Stolen One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Manchester =]
I am currently:
Help! A cross stitch question!

This seemed like the most appropriate place for this.. basically I need some advice!

Recently started cross stitching and all is going well. I did the main bit (as you do!) but I've reached the point I'm ready to outline my first 'big' pattern but it's left me a bit confused...



As far as I was aware, the do the outline you matched closest 'square corner' to the next and let the line form this way
However, this pattern just cannot seem to work. If you look at the top of the head, or the flower, there are turns needed when not at a corner.. how do I do this?!
Do I try and get through the fabric, or do I do corner to corner and accept it'll be a funky shape?
Obviously lining 'corner to corner' means that it's more a series of straight lines.. which would be long straight lines in this pattern where there is curves..

Does any of this make sense?!
Any help or advice muchly appreciated!



There will always be a happy ending. If its not happy then its not yet the end.
Spongebob


The Stolen One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #2
Rodolphus
#Azkafam
 
Rodolphus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009

I usually push through the threads in the fabric and make half, quarter or whatever I need to, but you can just try and accept the slightly funky shape too :)




Now I'll play your ghost as my ace, whenever I'm led astray.
But I am actually good, can't help it if we're tilted.
I'm in my right place, don't be a downer.


Rodolphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #3
The Stolen One
Caz
 
The Stolen One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Manchester =]
I am currently:

Thank you <3
Wasn't sure if there was something I was just being stupid and missing!



There will always be a happy ending. If its not happy then its not yet the end.
Spongebob


The Stolen One is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:55 AM.