|
|
 |
|
10-04-2013, 01:29 PM
|
#1
|
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: buxton (uk)
I am currently: 
|
Contains Abuse - A letter I got today
In October I went to court and gave evidence on the man who sexual abused my sister and I since we were preteens. He was given 7 years in prison for what he has done to us and with the fact he'll properly only serve half his sentence, so I still don't think is enough but I had a little bit of comfort in knowing he would be on the sex offenders register for life....
Until I received a letter today informing me that due to his human rights he can ask to be removed from the register after 15 year from when he is released. I am so sickened by this!!! He destroyed my childhood and I had no life as a teenager, I just exsitsed and I still struggling with it and trying to move on. I know if I wanted to, in the further, give evidence again to try and stop this from happening but thats going to be like opening an old scar and making a new wound. I feel really let down by the English courts now, I am the only one who feels like this?
|
Living and kicking Smiling and meaning it
|
|
|
|
12-04-2013, 06:28 PM
|
#2
|
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England, UK
I am currently: 
|
Hey,
Firstly, well done on going through with the court case; that was really brave of you, & I'm pleased that he was convicted.
I'm sorry to hear that you feel let down by the court system. It must be really difficult to have gone through the distress, to still feel you haven't got quite the outcome you were hoping for.
I'm sorry I can't offer any advice or anything, I just wanted to let you know that I hear what you're saying, and understand why you're feeling the way you are. 15 years is a little while off yet, and you never know how you're going to want to proceed when the time comes for you to make a decision about the next step...
J x
|
“No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality.”
― Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House
|
|
|
|
14-04-2013, 01:53 PM
|
#3
|
|
Fight for another day
|
Oh that is difficult, I am sorry that you have been let down by the system it must feel like a real knock down. You did so well to make it through the case and to get a conviction too. I know how hard these court cases can be so you should be incredibly proud of getting through it.
My only advice that I can offer is to think about getting a restraining order for when he gets out of prison. I know it's not alot but it might help at least put your mind at ease. Also fifteen years is still awhile off yet, you never know laws might change by then so don't give up hope. Take care
Kat xxx
|
"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."
|
|
|
|
|
Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
|
|
|
Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:54 AM.
|
|