RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #1
~sara~
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Wales
I am currently:
work tomorrow

I've been in my job for 4 months and I didn't tell my new employers that I have depression. I was doing ok, but recently it's all been crashing down and me. I felt myself getting lower but I guess I was hoping that it would pass without causing me too much trouble. It's gotten to the point now where I can't face going into work tomorrow but I don't know what to say when I call in sick. I was going to text them tonight but my head is full of cotton wool and I can't think of what to say. I guess I just need some help/advice.
Thank you

~sara~ is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 29-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #2
someone.
 
Join Date: Jun 2007

How was your day in the end?

someone. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #3
Wonderland.
 
Wonderland.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007

Avoiding work may just make things worse, because one you start avoiding it thats all you will want to do. Did you go to work in the end? How was your day?

Amy x



'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥


Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 09:17 PM   #4
Sunshine
This girl just cant take it anymore
 
Sunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: london
I am currently:

I felt like that and I missed 3 months of work before I got pregnant and took a year off, I'm starting work again on Friday and I'm really scared but I have to do it because I need the money and if I avoid going back I will probably avoid ever going to work anywhere again and I want to keep up a normal life!

Did you go in? How was it? I totally understand not wanting to go in but once you don't go in once for a mental health reason them it's very difficult to back because you get worried about how people will view you and if you will be able to manage the work load (I know I did anyway)

X



My Angels
♥ Madeline 09/02/1990
Edward 10/02/1990 ♥

I want to live, not merely survive


Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #5
~sara~
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Wales
I am currently:

Thank you for your replies. I didn't go to work in the end, I took the rest of the week off. Back in tomorrow though and I'm completely dreading it. I just want to curl up and hide from everything.

I have realised that I'm not happy in any aspect of my life, but I don't know how to change that or where to start. It's also the first anniversary of my Grampa's death tomorrow, which may well be a large part of how I'm feeling.

I thought I was getting better, I've been battling this for 12 years and it just doesn't seem to be getting easier. I'm tired of fighting. It doesn't do any good

~sara~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:12 PM   #6
Wonderland.
 
Wonderland.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007

Things are going to be tough for you around the anniversary of your grampa's death. Do you have anyone you can go to for support to help you through this time? Going back to work is a huge step especially through this hard time but the sooner you do it the easier it'll be.

Take care.
Amy x



'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥


Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:43 AM.