RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #1
MrsNutkin
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Somewhere only we know...
I am currently:
Hair Dye - office Environment

A quick and probably stupid question. I just had my hair dyeing Alexa Chung stlye - eske and got a new job today - it's in an office. Is dip - dye, ombre whatever acceptable.

I would have thought so purely because my hair isn't blue/pink/purple and it's a none customer facing role.

Anyways it's kinda tough if not!

thanks :)

MrsNutkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
Myimmortalgirl
Heather Peace's Wife
 
Join Date: Apr 2012

Yea should be fine hun x

Myimmortalgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #3
The One Who
 
The One Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Somewhere
I am currently:

The short answer is: it depends.

Some offices are more relaxed than others. I spent today in one where jeans are acceptable and no one was wearing traditional business wear. Others are more formal environments where everyone is expected to be presentable, and that can include clauses on hair colour being "natural shades". Contracts and/or company handbooks usually state the expectations.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #4
Mandimoo
Mummy!!
 
Mandimoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Newport, South Wales
I am currently:

I saw a woman in a green/grey business suit today and her hair was literally neon red (think its special effects radioactive red if you wanna look) literally all you saw was hair, I looked after to see what she was wearing



Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #5
MrsNutkin
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Somewhere only we know...
I am currently:

lol mands. I guess in a call centre office environment you're not customer facing so all long as not ridiculous I should be ok

MrsNutkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #6
The One Who
 
The One Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Somewhere
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrup View Post
lol mands. I guess in a call centre office environment you're not customer facing so all long as not ridiculous I should be ok
That depends. Some are more strict than others. I know of one where they do not allow unnatural shades of hair or piercings, even though it's a call centre. It depends on the place and what their rules are will be stated in the contract/company handbook.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #7
Mandimoo
Mummy!!
 
Mandimoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Newport, South Wales
I am currently:

Some companies have one rule for all staff whether in contact centre or customer facing roles.



Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:07 PM.