RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #1
lily7
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
I am currently:
Hello :) i'm new here...

Hi :)
Someone over on the si bit kindly directed me to the veterans corner! eek, I actually don't feel old but I do now! i'm also probably a lot older than most of you from what I've seen as well which is a bit disconcerting...

I first si'd when I was 8 or 9 then not again until I was an adult, and it's been on and off since then but mostly has been very rare and i have a lot of skills in not doing it now.

Having said that I'm really struggling again at the moment. I actually found this place because i was googling how long to leave my steristrips on for - it's probably been about 13 years since i needed them last.

Do any of you here dissociate?

My trouble has come with another part who does not have the same skills and knowledge I do and is not careful and not sensible.

I have a very responsible job and going back to this seems ridiculous after so long of having it under control... :(

lily7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 12:57 PM   #2
Doikers
Louder Than God's Revolver and Twice as Shiny
 
Doikers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wales , UK
I am currently:

Hey Lily , I'm Mark , Welcome To Vets *Hugs If okay*



I'm still not comfortable in my skin and the anasthetic's slowly wearing thin - Otep
Everyones lost but me! - Indiana Jones

It's okay , they know me here .

Kahlia1981 is my adopted little sister :)


''Courage doesn't always roar , sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow"

Doikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 02:03 PM   #3
lily7
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
I am currently:
thanks :)

Thanks for the welcome Mark :)

lily7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #4
pea soup
 
pea soup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: at the end of the rainbow
I am currently:

Hi Lily and welcome to Vets :)

I do dissociate but not while harming. I can see where that could be a problem. if you feel you can't control this on your own, get in touch with a professional who can help you through this difficult time. and keep talking here,if it helps.

much love.
xxxxxxxxx





pea soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:55 AM   #5
lily7
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
I am currently:

thanks :)
Yes I'm already in therapy with a DID specialist :)
The irony is that I'm also a professional myself!

lily7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:45 PM   #6
imperia
 
imperia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
I am currently:

Hi Lily , Welcome to vets , Self injury And dissoiating has been a problem for me for many years , Seems as an adult I got worse . Last year I was hospitalized . After a year of therapy I `m doing ok but I still struggle with it



A positive additude is the way to go , Hope lives !

imperia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:32 PM.