RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-01-2012, 06:40 AM   #1
Phoenix Of Destiny

I am currently:
scared of getting help

so back before christmas i posted on here to get advice on what ill experiance if i commit myself well my depression has reached an all time low.

i know i need help and seeing my therapist every two weeks aint enough. but im scared out of my mind what people will think and what ill encounter along with the rules and what i will and wont be allowed to have or do. my therapist told me if things gets much worse for how i feel i will be red flagged (basically i get labeled as a danger to myself and others and get forcibally commited). i dont know what to do or think at all on the subject i just know im tired of feeling how i do... any suggestions or opinions..

Phoenix Of Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 30-01-2012, 09:00 AM   #2
Phoenix Of Destiny

I am currently:

i tryed finding out info of the place but all i got via my searches was references and doctors names and such who work there.

i know that if i choose to go it will be alot better than the choice being made for me from what i have read and been told by people guess if your forcibally admitted you get labeled as class 3 or something where you have nothing and cant do nothing.

neverheard of IOP i will be sure to ask my therapist about it. that sounds much more easy to adjust to than having to change my complete life..

Old 31-01-2012, 02:51 AM   #3
Phoenix Of Destiny

I am currently:

ill pm you the name once i find the piece of paper i wrote it down on.

yes im unhappy but i "think" it would be worse if i signed my life away to a hospital for a uncertain amount of time.

Old 31-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #4
kbeth

I am currently:

Yes, it's definitely better to voluntarily enter treatment than to be committed. I'm not saying it's easy...but it's not the end of the world. I voluntarily went into a psych hospital several times when I was suicidal. The first time I stayed about ten days--but that was by choice, because I felt that's how long I needed to stay. The times after that, I was only there a few days. I found it was really helpful in getting my meds figured out and in just getting stabilized. Like Auror said, if you choose treatment then you have more say, and you can usually sign yourself back out. Just having that control feels a lot better.

Is there any way you could see your therapist more often? When I was at my most depressed, I saw mine for twice a week for a while. That made a big difference for me and definitely saved me from additional hospitalizations. Maybe that's an option to explore?

kbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:57 AM   #5
Phoenix Of Destiny

I am currently:

evidently the paper i wrote the name down on has decided to enter the realm of lost socks..

ill talk to her and see if there anyway i can see her more often

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)