RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-01-2012, 03:02 AM   #1
zivalover16
 
zivalover16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Boiceville NY
I am currently:
Girl I watch may be cutting

I'm currently watching a brother and sister while one of their moms is at a meeting. A few min ago I noticed she had her pant leg up and was looking at 2 cuts. When I asked her what happened she said I don't know, I was at school and I don't know how I got them. Her little brother mentioned their cat gets angry but they weren't cat scratches.... I don't know what to do...I feel like if I say something I will be jumping the gun...I'm watching them again at their house Friday. Hopefully I'll be able talk to her a little then without mentioning cutting...I hope I'm just jumping to the cutting conclusion and am wrong...She's in middle school and was the quite one.... She has told me she acts stupid around her friends so they like her... Any suggestions on what I should do.



Big Sister:Squiggles
Little Sister: PaintItBlack
Cousins: dereksarah, Hollz

zivalover16 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 05-01-2012, 03:28 AM   #2
DarkPhoenix
 
DarkPhoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
I am currently:

A couple of thoughts. Have you ever seen anything like this on this child before? Has she ever mentioned it to you...any of her friends doing it, that type of thing? Did the cuts look like they were done deliberately?

You might get into a conversation with her about what does she do when she's sad or scared, and what do her friends do...that type of thing and see if you can get a better idea of how she copes.

If you're really concerned and the child wouldn't be harmed by you doing so, you probably should let the parents know. They need to be aware of what is going on so they can seek help for their child if need be, or at least be aware that there might be a problem and to keep their eyes open. You may be jumping the gun, but I'd rather jump the gun and everything be fine than not say anything and there turn out to be a problem.

DarkPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
Cacoethes
90's B*tch
 
Cacoethes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hyrule
I am currently:

i thought this about my brother once. i noticed a couple of very deliberate looking cuts on his arm.

i eventually spoke to my mum and there was a totally weird explanation, but it wasnt self harm, even though it looked so much like it.

but as above, i would rather jump the gun about something like this, for the reasons mentioned by DarkPhoenix.

x



I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!


Who else is fine?!?!?


Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:47 AM   #4
zivalover16
 
zivalover16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Boiceville NY
I am currently:

I ended up not watching them tonight because their other mom threw out her back so she can't sit in a chair for very long (a.k.a date cancelled) I might be watching them Tuesday though so we'll see what happens



Big Sister:Squiggles
Little Sister: PaintItBlack
Cousins: dereksarah, Hollz

zivalover16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:54 AM.