RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28-12-2011, 09:28 PM   #1
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area
What are YOU looking for when you post in Vets?

Post here so that we all know who you are and what you need as part of the group here. :)

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 09:31 PM   #2
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

I'm Katie. :)

When I post I am looking for
- reassurance that I am not alone in the things/feelings that I am facing.
- knowing that others understand what I am saying.
- occasionally reality checking about how I am coming across - which might be different to how I actually am.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 09:31 PM   #3
Bunnymad
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Manchester
I am currently:

Erm, I didn't know what vets was until earlier today! I thought it was for long term members, not old people like me! (joke!)

Going forward I will come here more often as sometimes there are things in my life like my marriage, work and stuff that I would like to maybe talk to someone with experience of similar situations.

Have found ryl really helpful and love the forum! X

Bunnymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 09:34 PM   #4
squirrelspit
 
squirrelspit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
I am currently:

I would like some experience from others about how they have coped raising families and such when coping with occasional bouts of insanity.

Also general growing up tips sometimes.. im almost 26 but have been having far too much fun i think! :P





squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 09:37 PM   #5
Bunnymad
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Manchester
I am currently:

Never stop having fun!

Don't have a family of small people but do have a family of bunny wabbits that are sometimes my only reason for getting out of bed! Does that count? >_<

Bunnymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 09:37 PM   #6
Sefka
 
Sefka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
I am currently:

I come here mainly to know that there are other people 'the wrong side of 30' who have similar problems to me, and that I'm not a freak.

I also quite liked the boobies/bubblewrap/energy drink/trollpets type threads.




Каждому, каждому в лучшее верится,
Катится, катится голубой вагон!




Sefka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 09:38 PM   #7
Bunnymad
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Manchester
I am currently:

Love your avatar and signature Sefka!

Bunnymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 09:45 PM   #8
Sefka
 
Sefka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
I am currently:

Aw thanks :) It was a bear for two years but I wanted to change it to something more possitive, hence the seal. The avatar is always a hedgehog - I just think they're awesome.

I'm Sarah btw :)

And Squirrelspit, I'm intruiged to know what having too much fun entails!




Каждому, каждому в лучшее верится,
Катится, катится голубой вагон!




Sefka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 09:48 PM   #9
squirrelspit
 
squirrelspit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
I am currently:

Hi Sarah.

Well.. i moved to London about 4 years ago and i have lived a very care free life here.

I work in the music industry.. so.. its quite an erm.. sociable job!





squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 09:48 PM   #10
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

I flatshare with a 5 year old and his mum. That probably doesn't count, but it's interesting in a I Was an Only Child kind of way. I know way more about Star Wars now than I ever did before or ever need to!

Charlie, your sig is making me crave a fried egg!

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 09:58 PM   #11
Sefka
 
Sefka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
I am currently:

I have a mate who works in the music industry in London, something in PR, as well as being a DJ.

Well, I say 'mate' he's actually just a bloke I went to college with. But we were good mates in college.




Каждому, каждому в лучшее верится,
Катится, катится голубой вагон!




Sefka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 09:59 PM   #12
squirrelspit
 
squirrelspit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
I am currently:

See now im wondering if i know him.





squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 10:01 PM   #13
Bunnymad
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Manchester
I am currently:

I had a star wars themed wedding Katie - I didn't need to know as much as I do now either!

Found you Charlie, sorry. Anyone else finding the 2 new vet threads confusing?!?

Maybe I should change my "paranoid" to "confused"!

Bunnymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 10:26 PM   #14
Sefka
 
Sefka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
I am currently:

Multiple/confusing threads are always good :)

A Star Wars themed wedding sounds interesting. Certainly different!

Charlie, maybe you do know him - I don't know how close-knit the music business is.




Каждому, каждому в лучшее верится,
Катится, катится голубой вагон!




Sefka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 10:36 PM   #15
effervescence
tired
 
effervescence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I am currently:

I suppose I'm looking for
- fun
- distraction
- feeling like I belong

- advice and support
- sympathy/empathy
- somewhere to have a moan and be listened to

Depending on my mood lol.



Even as the stone of the fruit must break
that its heart may stand in the sun,
so must you know pain.

There are only two ways in which one can live their life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is.


effervescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 10:44 PM   #16
Bunnymad
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Manchester
I am currently:

Hi effervescence! Sounds like something similar to me

Bunnymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 11:33 PM   #17
La Tristesse Durera
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK
I am currently:

I interpret 'veterans' as older members as so many sites are dominated by those in their teens and early 20s. Whilst the younger members are valued etc, it's sometimes nice to be around people who are older and of the same age group or older. I'm pushing 35 and find I can be a bit out-of-touch with the youngsters!!!

La Tristesse Durera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 11:35 PM   #18
Bunnymad
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Manchester
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Tristesse Durera View Post
I interpret 'veterans' as older members as so many sites are dominated by those in their teens and early 20s. Whilst the younger members are valued etc, it's sometimes nice to be around people who are older and of the same age group or older. I'm pushing 35 and find I can be a bit out-of-touch with the youngsters!!!
I know the feeling! XD

(and yes, I had to get the above translated!)

Bunnymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2011, 12:46 PM   #19
Bluerev
Ann Marie
 
Bluerev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Manchester UK
I am currently:

I'm new to Vets but I'm looking for some general reassurance and if necessary a good talking to now and again - I doubt myself more than anyone else could doubt me

Bluerev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2011, 01:08 PM   #20
Merc
 
Join Date: May 2004

I want a fried egg now too, dammit.

Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:57 PM.