RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-12-2011, 05:01 PM   #1
inblack
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
I am currently:
Meds, no money, hate this time of year

So yeah, basically as always at this time of year we have no money. We haven't even done our Christmas shopping yet, and can't until pay day.

But worse, I can't afford meds until pay day (this friday) and have already been skipping them to try and make them last. I get less side effects if I take them every few days, than if I take them until they run out and then go a week without them.

To make matters worse, our insurance on our car ran out and we didn't notice and were driving and got a ticket and our car towed....totally honest mistake. The insurance had expired only 1 day before. Its really my husband who keeps track of that so I didn't even know, but I drive the car too so I feel I should have known. I thought we had already re-newed it in october though so theres no way I would have checked. My husband apparently knew and forgot.

I don't know, I'm just finding it hard to find anything good about this year. Its been a **** year for my husband and I in general. And my mental health is declining and I'm sure missing meds isn't helping.

inblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:06 PM   #2
ThinkingofRecovery
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greater Manchester
I am currently:

Are you entitled to any help towards to health costs due to low income or anything? Might be worth looking into for the future. Check out the NHS business services website.



"Everything is possible through Christ, who gives me strength". Phillipians 4:13

ThinkingofRecovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:10 PM   #3
inblack
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
I am currently:

Thanks. Yeah I do have benefits through work, but I have to pay up front and then they reimburse me. Which is great, except I can't always afford to pay up front. And I struggle a lot to fill out the medical forms and send them in. Its my goal today to do that for my last set of prescriptions though.

inblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:26 PM   #4
roiben
Insanity let loose
 
roiben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
I am currently:

Some pharmacies or Drs are willing to provide medicine on a pay later basis, and your work should be willing to provide a loan to cover the cost of your medicines to cover you to pay day. You shouldn't be needing to go without them. Maybe worth asking about?

Roiben x





If the Human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we wouldn't.

Emerson Pugh


My blog:
http://roiben-losttime.blogspot.com

roiben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 05:10 PM   #5
inblack
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
I am currently:

Thanks, I will look into it.

I know it will never happen but I just wish meds could be free haha

inblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:12 AM.