RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-2011, 07:44 AM   #1
zivalover16
 
zivalover16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Boiceville NY
I am currently:
Adjusting meds....scared

Today I say my psychiatrist... Due to my memory and concentration problems with are lowering my lithium dose. Instead of taking 1 tablet twice daily it will be 1 tablet once a day. She had upped my seroquel because my sleeping is bad but it didn't work so she put it back to the original dose and now she is adding Klonopin for anxiety and insomnia.... I'm waiting til Monday to start that (due to needing to drive tomorrow and a mini concert Sunday). I'm kinda nervous about what's going to happen.... Finals week is in 2 weeks (I'm in college)....
Monday I was stupid and pulled an all nighter at school due to a paper and that made me really sick. Not only that, but I barely made it through the day without hurting myself. I'm not sure I'm strong enough for another day like that..I know I have to get my meds right again and I think my anxiety is getting to me.. I'm almost expecting it to not work and for it to affect me badly...
The following content has been hidden - Reason : kinda ashamed
there is a small part of me that hopes it does because then it sorta gives me a reason (excuse?) to hurt myself again
I'm still not completely recovered emotionally from Monday (I have a nasty sinus infection so physically I'm not either).
Now that I'm babbled on, I guess I'm curious how Klonopin affects some people (I know it's different for everyone). Also suggestions and tips are welcome as well ..



Big Sister:Squiggles
Little Sister: PaintItBlack
Cousins: dereksarah, Hollz

zivalover16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:48 PM   #2
roiben
Insanity let loose
 
roiben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
I am currently:

I think that as you have exams coming up, it may be wise to wait until they are over before making any major adjustments to your meds? Although I can see how you may need to change them before that.

I think it might be worth letting your tutors know you are adjusting meds, so they know in advance in case anything does happen.

I do not know much about the meds you are on, but I do know it is generally advised to let those around you (friends, spouse, work, Uni) know about any changes so they can help you through it and be aware of any side affects you may or may not get.

Roiben x





If the Human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we wouldn't.

Emerson Pugh


My blog:
http://roiben-losttime.blogspot.com

roiben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:05 PM   #3
ThinkingofRecovery
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greater Manchester
I am currently:

Is Klonopin the same as Clonazepam as I am on this for agitation/anxiety. I didn't think it was doing anything but realised when I decided to stop it that it was really helping so back on it. It's a benzo so addictive and should be used shortest term possible and should be come off by measured reduction not stopping it suddenly as I stupidly did. I don't find it sedating but some people do.



"Everything is possible through Christ, who gives me strength". Phillipians 4:13

ThinkingofRecovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:39 PM   #4
zivalover16
 
zivalover16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Boiceville NY
I am currently:

Thank you.. I'm going to let my friends know what is going on as I am around them the most... I may ask them to tell me if I start acting different.... I had thoughts about waiting til after exams but my sleep is getting pretty bad which is effecting me. Klonopin and Clonazepam are the same thing...My psychiatrist warned me it was addictive so I'm a little nervous but I'm on a low dose so I hope it works out



Big Sister:Squiggles
Little Sister: PaintItBlack
Cousins: dereksarah, Hollz

zivalover16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:41 PM   #5
ThinkingofRecovery
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greater Manchester
I am currently:

Yeah, I'm on a low dose too - 1mg twice a day. It has really helped me, I hope it helps you!



"Everything is possible through Christ, who gives me strength". Phillipians 4:13

ThinkingofRecovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:27 AM   #6
Merc
 
Join Date: May 2004

Be VERY careful with this med, sounds like you are already. I was left on it for 8 YEARS and it has affected so very much. It is a great med, but very short term.
Hope things ease soon for you.

Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:40 PM.