RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13-11-2011, 03:58 PM   #1
fuzzy_sweets
 
fuzzy_sweets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
I am currently:
Working from home?

Does anyone here work from home?

I have seen various work from home scams and want to stay well clear of them. However I am exploring working from home. I have fluctuating health problems and think the flexibility of working from home would suite me. I dont want to live off sickness benefit and this seems like a suitable option.

What sort of careers can you have where you can work from home?





fuzzy_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 01:14 AM   #2
Pictsie
 
Pictsie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North East England
I am currently:

I generally don't work from home, but I can if there's problems getting to the office or if something needs doing out of hours, but I work on internet stuff so the office is more a formality and its sometimes helpful to have other people about.

That probably doesn't help you, so a few jobs I've thought of
Call centre type jobs, telemarketing or support
Arty things, like architects or designers
Anything where everything is done online, so paid forum mod, community support agents, web developers
according to the tv psychologists always work from home

To be honest I'd say as long as you can do your job from home its down to company policy if you're able to.

What kind of career are you interested in?

Pictsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 02:41 AM   #3
MWS77
 
MWS77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011

I work from home but I run my own art/design business which is a great way to handle working from home. The income fluctuates of course but as Pictsie said, if you work for a company, it comes down to their policies although a lot of places are starting to let people work more and more from home

MWS77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 10:02 AM   #4
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special
 
Mrs Sam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
I am currently:

Usually if something is web based it can be done from home. I guess you more need to think what can you offer as a product or service from home.

Consultancy can also be done from home. The part of my job that is home based is writing course material for GCSE science. It doesn't need me to be in the office to do it.

Also would you be wanting to work for yourself? Just obviously that then comes with the additional responsibility of doing taxes and accounts and everything if you want to make it a legitimate business.

Other things I can think of is selling stuff like Avon or kleeneze or having body shop parties or something which is partly home based.




Something Special.


Mrs Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 12:51 PM   #5
The One Who
 
The One Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Somewhere
I am currently:

It depends entirely on your skill-set if you can utilise it from home.

It also requires a lot of self-motivation so that you can separate work from home life.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:49 PM.