RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
makedamnsure
 
makedamnsure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
I am currently:
I'M BUYING A HOUSE!

I don't often post in Vets, but this seems like a suitably adult thing to post!

I'm buying a house with my boyfriend. Just waiting for the mortgage credit checks, house surveys etc to be done.

It's very exciting, but very scary at the same time...I seem to have become rather impulsive this year since I'm also climbing Kilimanjaro in September!

I am trying not to think of the "what ifs"....what if my boyfriend loses his job, what if we split up etc!



Courtesy
Integrity
Perseverance
Self Control
Indomitable Spirit


makedamnsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special
 
Mrs Sam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
I am currently:

Aww congrats! We bought our first house when both me and my boyfriend were students so I know how scary it can be. Totally worth while though!

One thing I did which I'm pleased about is saved up a little bit of cash on my own to splurge on nice but not necessary items that your OH may not think needed! Saved lots of arguements as he couldn't say anything as it was my money. Haha.




Something Special.


Mrs Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:47 PM   #3
Louise
A Ray of Hope
 
Louise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I am currently:

congratulations it can be scary but exiting as well. x





“Never lose faith in yourself,
and never lose hope;
remember, even when this world throws its worst and then turns its back,
there is still always hope.”


Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:49 PM   #4
Sefka
 
Sefka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
I am currently:

Go you! I've never owned a house but I'd love to. All the best with it!




Каждому, каждому в лучшее верится,
Катится, катится голубой вагон!




Sefka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:20 PM   #5
random.swirls
Head forum moderator
 
random.swirls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Timbuktu!
I am currently:

One day I shall own a house!

However, huge congratulations and pictures in due course!!




When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball


random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:10 AM   #6
makedamnsure
 
makedamnsure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
I am currently:

Thanks Mrs Sam for the advice.
He's already decided he wants to spend £500 on a 50 inch TV lol, so I said he can buy that with his own money and I'll buy stuff I want! Struggling to think of what we will need though, been trying to budget for the stuff we have to buy and keep forgetting real basics like a microwave!

Thank you everyone. Sent off the mortgage application and all the ID docs etc yesterday so fingers crossed it all goes through!



Courtesy
Integrity
Perseverance
Self Control
Indomitable Spirit


makedamnsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:22 AM   #7
crazykat
Fight for another day
 
crazykat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Australia

Good luck, I hope it all goes through for you.



"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."


crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:02 AM.