RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30-10-2011, 11:58 AM   #1
staceyrawrcakes
 
staceyrawrcakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Axminster
I am currently:
Ok, so this is annoying me

This morning my mate found a mouse in my housemate's bottle of oil. And I can't figure out how it got in there. Any ideas anyone?





staceyrawrcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2011, 03:03 PM   #2
Whispered Secret
 
Whispered Secret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008

I don't know how it got there, but ewwwwwwww. ;P



"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."


Whispered Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2011, 04:07 PM   #3
random.swirls
Head forum moderator
 
random.swirls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Timbuktu!
I am currently:

That's gross umm two thoughts either when the bottle was being packed or i dont know!




When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball


random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2011, 04:49 PM   #4
squirrelspit
 
squirrelspit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
I am currently:

pics or it didnt happen!!!

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2011, 06:04 PM   #5
0121-Dave.
Dave
 
0121-Dave.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Birmingham UK
I am currently:

What sort of oil was it & what sort of container ?
Mice are only tiny & can fit through openings the size of a 10mm pencil, so a mouse could easily venture into a container of cooking oil if the lid was left off & once inside its virtually impossible for anything to climb back out as the inside of container is so slippery.



Can someone advise me how to apply my signature to my posts ? ..., as when I tried my pen scratched my PC screen.
I was so ugly that when I was born the midwife slapped our dad !

0121-Dave. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2011, 08:42 PM   #6
TheGiantPanda
 
TheGiantPanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dorset

Poor Mousey :(

TheGiantPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2011, 11:39 PM   #7
staceyrawrcakes
 
staceyrawrcakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Axminster
I am currently:



It's horrible. I really want to know how it got in there. Must have climbed in but the top of the bottle is tiny.





staceyrawrcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2011, 11:48 PM   #8
squirrelspit
 
squirrelspit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
I am currently:

yesss actual picture!

i seem to remember learning at school that an adult male mouse can fit through a hole the width of a pencil.

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2011, 11:49 PM   #9
staceyrawrcakes
 
staceyrawrcakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Axminster
I am currently:

I'm just glad it wasn't my oil :) Glad I didn't need to borrow any of it this morning either, I was still half asleep when it was found and I know I would have used it without realising a mouse was in there :)





staceyrawrcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 01:35 AM   #10
MunchBox
I threw my pie for you.
 
MunchBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
I am currently:

That's revolting but sad.



Sweetpea
♥


MunchBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 01:41 AM   #11
Pi.R^2
RYL Super Sponsor!
 
Pi.R^2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Safety Cupboard
I am currently:

ohh, uhh, I take it mousey is no more?
*weeps and cuddles hamster*
Soz, I'm a bit of an animal freak!



No other sadness in the world would do


Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 02:35 AM   #12
swan.song
 
swan.song's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: England
I am currently:

Poor little thing, why did it go in there?

You seem to be taking it pretty well. I would have totally freaked out and had to take to my bed or something.

swan.song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 08:01 PM   #13
PoisonedApple
Crazy Chic
 
PoisonedApple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 7th Layer of Hell

With rodents of any kind if their head can fit their whole body can squeeze through. And many rodents have cartilage like 'bones' rather than bone bones... makes for more squeezability if they really wanna get where they're going.

I love my chinchillas but rodents being so escape capable is a pain in the ass lol. Had a few escapees before I learned the above. Luckily no injuries or deaths just lots of hiding and searching.



I was lei'd in vets! ***** Proud Plumeria Sister!

"He said look inside your heart/ And you'll see stars/ Falling stars/ Look, deep into my eyes/ Don't look down/ Or you'll fall, he said/ Here, the sky goes on forever"


PoisonedApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:36 AM   #14
Mandimoo
Mummy!!
 
Mandimoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Newport, South Wales
I am currently:

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew



Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:07 PM   #15
Caru y Nos
 
Caru y Nos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008

To follow on from PoisonedApple, rodents also seem to be attracted to oil. Or so I'm told.



Dead to the world. Alive for the journey


Caru y Nos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:48 PM   #16
staceyrawrcakes
 
staceyrawrcakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Axminster
I am currently:

It was a mouse that just lived in the kitchen, been having problems with them the past year or so. I think it's horrible, apparently it's floated to the top of the bottle now. Haven't seen it yet and I don't think I want to





staceyrawrcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #17
Caru y Nos
 
Caru y Nos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008

The poor thing was left in there? :(



Dead to the world. Alive for the journey


Caru y Nos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:18 PM   #18
staceyrawrcakes
 
staceyrawrcakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Axminster
I am currently:

Yeah. I'm too creeped out to even go near it. Whatever else everyone wants to do with it is up to them but I'm going nowhere near it. I don't even know if anyone's actually got rid of it yet since this afternoon. I think everyone is glad it happened, been trying to get rid of the mice for ages. They keep us awake at night and everything :(





staceyrawrcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:22 PM   #19
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch
 
Bellatrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Everywhere
I am currently:

LIDS PEOPLE, LIDS!!!




Imperfection is underrated.



Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:28 PM   #20
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?
 
Buttons.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
I am currently:

Aww poor thing. But yes they can get through anywhere can mice. I remember my friend and I when we were little (rather cruelly in retrospect) caught a teeny tiny mouse and put it in a cage to keep as a pet. It escape through the tiniest gap between the bars and hopped merrily off, much to our disappointment ;-p. Went slightly better than the escaping 'pet' snails though.



'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

['There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.’ – Oscar Wilde
‘It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back.’ Sydney Carter


Buttons. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:47 AM.