RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30-10-2011, 03:36 AM   #1
Heaven Knows
This Member Has Left.
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I am currently:
I was just looking for a little advice really...

Um...hi!
I haven't really posted in Vets before - because although my birth certificate says I'm 22 - I rarely feel it.
Anyway, I'm Katie and I was just hoping for some advice from some of you nice people.
Basically, about 6 months ago I finally realised I needed to ask for help with this whole depression/self-harm etc thing. I confided in my manager how much I was struggling and he advised me to go to the doctor. He even drove me there to make sure I went. Anyway, since then a lot has been changing for me - I'm on medication for depression, anxiety and sleeping, I see my GP weekly, I see my psych every 6 weeks and I see my CPN at least weekly. This is all very new for me seeing as I have been suffering with all this since I was 12.
I'm rambling, sorry. My manager started to worry about me mainly when he found out I ended up in hospital one night [was found on a motorway bridge by police and taken to hospital - then discharged after stitches and sent home at 5am] then went into work that day. He was more than concerned about this. So, after a whole heap of **** at work - mainly me missing at least 5 more days due to hospital admissions and threatening to walk out because I had a **** day, my manger suggested getting Occupational Health involved. Now, I work in a call centre for a technical helpline; and I have a stupidly terrible phobia of...you guessed it...phones. So, to say work was a little stressful for me is probably an understatement. So, Occupational Health came; and signed me off for two weeks to try to sort my head out a bit. The next review came, and I was signed off for another four weeks to tackle my 'issues'. Anyway, next week (7th) is my next review with them...and I'm not sure what to expect.
All in all, I think I need to be back at work - all I seem to be doing with myself at the moment is sitting at home sinking further and further into isolation and depression. I have barely left the house this week. I'm horrified to say it, but I've given up caring for myself (washing etc)...I just sit all day doing nothing and occasionally posting on here. So, the rambling post you've just read is basically asking; has anyone had any dealings with Occupational Health where you're going back to work? How did it work - like was it phased or did you go straight back? Any sort of help or advice or support would be much appreciated
So, yeah...thanks. Sorry for rambling.
x Katie x

Heaven Knows is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 31-10-2011, 10:52 AM   #2
dollpart
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: London
I am currently:

Sorry not to have lots of advice, sounds like things are horrible for you atm. All I can say is, take all the help you can get! To get to where you think you need to be.
you deserve to feel better.

dollpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:11 AM   #3
-Carpe Diem
This Member is currently Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
I am currently:

My mum asked to be phased back in and they let her...
Don't really know anything else to say chick<3

-Carpe Diem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:11 AM.