RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14-09-2011, 02:36 PM   #1
Sefka
 
Sefka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
I am currently:
New job stress... grrrr....

I’m trying to get everything ready to start a new job next week and I’m getting monstrously stressed! I’ve spent the whole morning trying to find out how to get an apostille for my certificates, trying to fix my Dad’s printer, and on hold for amazon customer services after my Kindle died. I haven’t even thought about packing yet!


I know it’s a bit pathetic but I need hugs and cookies, as well as reassurance that solicitors are NOT human beings and it’s okay to wish hideously violent deaths on patronising call centre workers.

Oh, and I'm a teeny bit scared about the job itself.




Каждому, каждому в лучшее верится,
Катится, катится голубой вагон!




Sefka is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 14-09-2011, 03:37 PM   #2
Margo
 
Margo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I am currently:

What job will you be doing??

Solicitors are a pain. they do things in their own time with little regard for the stress it causes to their clients. This is quite normal.

Call centre people have a crappy time of it mostly. Little training, lots of stress and a load of knobs like us calling them all day :P Some are good but some are terrible. Give a little love to the call centre and then send a voodoo doll via the post.

As for the job, well its natural to be scared. It will be ok when you get there. They will do the usual induction things and intros. You will have a smooth week and have little responsibility whislt you find your feet. Lots of paperwork that you will feel you will never rememebr that will sit in your desk for 5 years unread. There will be lots of tea ad smiles and hellos and all will be wonderful. You will be greeted by woodland creatures each morning who will walk with you into work and sit upon your shoulders and around your feet and sing songs to you whilst you work.



~Phoenix~ is my Little Sister of Awesomeness and Self-Delusion :P
Bitter Angel is my Mitten
Animad is my Top Trump
All Im Living For - Is my beautiful and special daughter who isnt called Kim but will moan if i dont add her :P



Margo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2011, 12:02 AM   #3
Sefka
 
Sefka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
I am currently:

Aw, thanks Pengy :)

It's a teaching job but it's also my first management job which is the part I'm super nervous about. I can't be a manager!

But I look forward to the woodland creatures - I'll try and train them to do my work for me... or I'll train them for evil. I haven't decided yet.




Каждому, каждому в лучшее верится,
Катится, катится голубой вагон!




Sefka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2011, 05:54 AM   #4
saffikeagan
 
Join Date: Sep 2011

OMG! I just started a new job as a manager of a medical practice the end of June and I'm on Lexipro, and Xanax! My friend said it was "new job jitters" that will last 6mo-1yr! I don't know if I can last that long. HAHA! I know exactly what you are feeling. If you have any problems, questions, vents, concerns, you are more than welcome to chat with me. I've had 5 years of management experience, but this is my first time at a new job coming in as an 'experienced manager' ugh. I know what it feels like!

saffikeagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2011, 07:46 AM   #5
tifflehan
 
tifflehan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Leeds, UK
I am currently:



Everything will be ok, cos I will leave a cookie on your desk everyday!!




SERENITY is my RYL mum.
SOLO is my RYL auntie.
SEFKA is my RYL daughter.
DAYS GONE BYE is my RYL sister.
JEFFERSON.MERIWETHER is my RYL son.
OLINESS is my RYL son.


tifflehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2011, 12:37 PM   #6
Sefka
 
Sefka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
I am currently:

Saf - 6 months!! That's a really long time But it usually takes that long to get over the culture shock so hopefully after 6 months, I'll be sorted


Tiff n Jeff - mmmmm mead and cookies every morning. Will definitely make the days easier. You guys are awesome




Каждому, каждому в лучшее верится,
Катится, катится голубой вагон!




Sefka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2011, 12:49 PM   #7
tifflehan
 
tifflehan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Leeds, UK
I am currently:

well, ya know, we do try......

You just show 'em who's boss!



SERENITY is my RYL mum.
SOLO is my RYL auntie.
SEFKA is my RYL daughter.
DAYS GONE BYE is my RYL sister.
JEFFERSON.MERIWETHER is my RYL son.
OLINESS is my RYL son.


tifflehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:28 AM.