RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23-08-2011, 08:05 PM   #1
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area
how to learn healthy pride in the self?

How does one learn how to be proud of one's achievements without 'needing' to feel 'one up' on others?

For example - how to be proud of myself for taking responsibility for something, without the 'need' to think 'I took responsibility, but no one else did. I'm better!'

I know it comes from profound low self esteem and lack of praise and encouragement when I was growing up. That I don't feel worthy of existing unless I'm 'better' at some things because underneath I feel so utterly worthless. I try to change it, but I trip myself up on it all the time.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2011, 09:18 PM   #2
ASkatersDream...
 
ASkatersDream...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: UK
I am currently:

tbh though theres nothing wrong in doing what your doing.

I always think i'm one up on people when I can do somthing better which they cant do. There's nothing wrong with it at all :)

As long as you dont brag about it to there face/others



Believe <3


ASkatersDream... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2011, 02:50 PM   #3
pea soup
 
pea soup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: at the end of the rainbow
I am currently:

Hi Katie,

I think for you, just being proud of something you did is GREAT! I don't think analyzing it any further will do much good. Just try and be happy that you did something that truly made you feel proud of yourself!

I know back in school, when I made the highest grades or the highest grade in class, etc....I always felt proud and it did have to do with the fact that I did better than everyone else. I think it's just competitive nature and nothing to worry about :)

loves.
xxxxx





pea soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2011, 07:29 PM   #4
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

Thank you both.

I might add some more tomorrow. Too exhausted right now.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:56 PM.