RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20-07-2011, 09:55 AM   #1
Ir0nm0nk3y
Hard work pays off
 
Ir0nm0nk3y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sacramento
I am currently:
Introducing myself to the Veterans

Hey everyone my name is Richard, I am new on this forum I am 24 years old. I discovered this website though another website because I was trying to find out if I needed a therapist, My actions aren't to an extreme where I undoubtedly need a therapist but there are minor things in my life that made me think something about me isnt right. I was taking the test on therapist.com to see if I needed to see a therapist and there was ONE section where I could check off every single box on the page. The end result was I had a relational problem which I guess means my relationships been screwed up in the past which is understandable because my past has been a roller coaster. If anyone could help me that would be great. here are the questions on the test that I checked

I have had a great deal of difficulty concentrating on important tasks.


I just cannot seem to get organized.


I get extremely restless in situations where I need to sit or work for long periods of time.


I am often unable to bring projects I am working on to completion.


I can't keep track of my belongings, often losing items.


I have trouble concentrating on the details and/or make careless mistakes on work/school projects or other paperwork.


Other people complain that I do not appear to be listening to them.


These symptoms interfere with my life or cause me distress.


I can recall having difficulty paying attention, sitting for long periods of time, or being disorganized in my childhood.

All these situations in turn have screwed up my life. I never finished school, I got my GED, I cant concentrate in college classes, I drop out early, I cant hold a JOB, I cant hold a girlfriend, I cant have a good loving relationship with my family, I cant sit still and concentrate when I need too, I procrastinate, I cant think clearly, I make unwise decisions, when people talk to me I try to stare them in the eye but often am distracted by something else looking away, I lie when I dont even need too, I feel like some people are better then me, I lose EVERYTHING(I Literally will leave my phone or wallet everywhere). All this is slowly making me more depressed and anxious. I literally feel like someone whos going NOWHERE and cant be fixed. I need to get my **** together, I feel like I can do great things in this world but I guess first step is to FIX myself. If you guys can help me I would greatly appreciate it. Sorry for the horrible grammar thats because I have been unable to concentrate since I was in second grade and I am just learning about my issues.

Ir0nm0nk3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2011, 07:11 AM   #2
tifflehan
 
tifflehan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Leeds, UK
I am currently:

Firstly, hello and welcome aboard! It's great here and we are all very friendly and dont bite!

Secondly, pm me anytime ya wanna talk. I gotta go to work now but here in spirit!
take care.



SERENITY is my RYL mum.
SOLO is my RYL auntie.
SEFKA is my RYL daughter.
DAYS GONE BYE is my RYL sister.
JEFFERSON.MERIWETHER is my RYL son.
OLINESS is my RYL son.


tifflehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2011, 07:38 AM   #3
Hurricane
 
Hurricane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
I am currently:

Richard, can I just say that what you describe sounds EXACTLY like me. If you wind up having a love of baseball or building things/DIY stuff then I will declare you my male twin :) The biggest battle I face -all the other issues stem from this, I'm convinced- is that I'm really really ADHD. It affects every single aspect of my life and is ridiculously frustrating.

As I said in the intro board, welcome. If you ever need someone to talk to - feel free to shoot me a message or whatever. I'm glad you've joined us.

Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2011, 08:07 AM   #4
Ir0nm0nk3y
Hard work pays off
 
Ir0nm0nk3y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sacramento
I am currently:

Hahah I'm a giants fan!!! And I love DIY stuff , I'm also super outdoorsy. Did I just get a sister!? Ive always wanted one lol

Ir0nm0nk3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2011, 01:12 PM   #5
Hurricane
 
Hurricane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
I am currently:

icky! I'm a die-hard Braves fan, so the Giants aren't too high on my list.

Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2011, 07:45 PM   #6
Margo
 
Margo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I am currently:

Hello and welcome to Vets. Hope you find the support and friendship you need. Good to see another man on the site!

Matthew



~Phoenix~ is my Little Sister of Awesomeness and Self-Delusion :P
Bitter Angel is my Mitten
Animad is my Top Trump
All Im Living For - Is my beautiful and special daughter who isnt called Kim but will moan if i dont add her :P



Margo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2011, 07:49 PM   #7
Ir0nm0nk3y
Hard work pays off
 
Ir0nm0nk3y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sacramento
I am currently:

Hahah Boo! Its ok at least we have all that other stuff in common. Maybe this well make you change your mind!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwYZ3LHHERI"]‪Dynamite(With Me and San Francisco Giants Cody Ross & Brian Wilson... The Mascot Lou Seal)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Ir0nm0nk3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2011, 09:19 PM   #8
Hurricane
 
Hurricane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
I am currently:

I had nothing against them until they knocked out my team last year, and Bochy picked Doc over Jair Jurrjens. Cute video though. Thanks for making me smile :)

Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:20 PM.