RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-06-2011, 03:00 AM   #1
-Stewie-
da quen b
 
-Stewie-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London
I am currently:
fun times for me =/

I feel and will sound like a total bitch when I say this, but I want to avoid spending time with my bf as much as possible over the next two weeks.

The reason being his parents are away for that period and he is left looking after two dogs. And I hate dogs. More than mere dislike and less than full on phobia. They're needy, they jump up, they lick you with their filthy tongues, they're noisy and they have horrible greasy fur.

I love other animals. I even love insects. I'm the one that refuses to let anyone squash a bug in my sight. I'm the one people's supposedly antisocial cats choose to sleep on. I can identify most British birds by their calls.

But dogs can **** right off.

That aside- I know from experience that me + bf + dogs= me watching him dogsit. I'm there keeping away from them and provide light relief in the few minutes when they're too tired to get up to mischief. Even though I hate dogs, I understand better than bf does that they are only puppies, as much as he doesn't mean to ignore me, you can't just put puppies in a room and expect them to behave; you wouldn't do it to your child and a puppy is on the same level.

But he thinks its a joke. He doesn't believe that I hate dogs that much given that I love other animals. He thinks that I don't want to go over because I don't want to spend time with him.

Above all, I am a smoker- he doesn't like me smoking so I never do it around him. I told him if I was going to have to be around dogs for extended periods of time, then I would need the odd cigarette to get me through it. His words were fine but if you have a cigarette I'm not coming near you =/ So I have to deal with the little shits AND be deprived of nicotine? How is this fair?

End rant =[



"Zeus did not want man to throw his life away, no matter how much the other evils might torment him, but rather to go on letting himself be tormented anew. To that end, he gives man hope. In truth, it is the most evil of evils because it prolongs man's torment."

-Stewie- is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 03-06-2011, 03:03 AM   #2
-Stewie-
da quen b
 
-Stewie-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London
I am currently:

actually addition to rant:

It's not like I'm never going to go over again or spend time with him- it's literally just 2 weeks he has to dogsit, is a compromise of letting me smoke or going without seeing me for 2 weeks really that much of a big deal?



"Zeus did not want man to throw his life away, no matter how much the other evils might torment him, but rather to go on letting himself be tormented anew. To that end, he gives man hope. In truth, it is the most evil of evils because it prolongs man's torment."

-Stewie- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:09 AM   #3
tifflehan
 
tifflehan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Leeds, UK
I am currently:

I think ya boyfriend needs to get a grip! xx



SERENITY is my RYL mum.
SOLO is my RYL auntie.
SEFKA is my RYL daughter.
DAYS GONE BYE is my RYL sister.
JEFFERSON.MERIWETHER is my RYL son.
OLINESS is my RYL son.


tifflehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:28 AM   #4
Sefka
 
Sefka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
I am currently:

I'm totally with you - I don't like dogs either. I had to look after my brothers dog for a couple of days when his gf was in the hospital giving birth (couldn't really say no) and I was so stressed by the end of it, I could've killed the thing.

How about you just go over there in the evening? Then you can put the puppies in their cage for the night (assuming they have a cage) and leave them.




Каждому, каждому в лучшее верится,
Катится, катится голубой вагон!




Sefka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:27 PM   #5
Margo
 
Margo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I am currently:

Seriously i think you both need to get a grip and some perspective. Hes doing his parents a favour. The two of you are grown ups. See him at night or something. You can go out to the cinema or something. Just avoid him in the day when he'll be 100% occupied.

Im seriously looking at this thread thinking WTF



~Phoenix~ is my Little Sister of Awesomeness and Self-Delusion :P
Bitter Angel is my Mitten
Animad is my Top Trump
All Im Living For - Is my beautiful and special daughter who isnt called Kim but will moan if i dont add her :P



Margo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:04 AM   #6
-Stewie-
da quen b
 
-Stewie-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London
I am currently:

He's not 'allowed' to go out- has to watch them 24/7. I realise he's doing his parents a favour but he's taken two weeks off work to watch his own puppy and his next door neighbours puppy when he has three sisters and his neighbours have 2 kids- he's basically a massive doormat.

I pulled myself together and went to see him today. In the daytime whatever- he agreed to be the one to take the whole period off to watch them. But when the other 5 were back from work they were sat happily getting twatted whilst he continued to watch them... he wouldn't come out and grow a pair and tell them he'd been with them all day it was their turn =/

Also, I read a lot of threads on here and think WTF. I move on- don't feel the need to take out whatever's going on in my life on other users.

I apologise- I didn't realise I was only allowed to talk about therapy and doing myself damage. Maybe I'm going through other stuff right now which makes something as pathetic as this a bigger issue for me than it is. Maybe I don't go on about it because I've talked my life to death on this forum for 7 years and decided it's better to address specifics, however small, rather than expect people I've never met to sort my life out for me.

There was really no need for that post...



"Zeus did not want man to throw his life away, no matter how much the other evils might torment him, but rather to go on letting himself be tormented anew. To that end, he gives man hope. In truth, it is the most evil of evils because it prolongs man's torment."

-Stewie- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:31 AM   #7
Margo
 
Margo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I am currently:

Im sorry but when i see a post in an adult section that looks better suited in the agony aunt section of Jackie Magazine i just get a little worried.

You seem a bright lad. Just graduated and all that. I gave some solid advice that was not an attack on you but telling you BOTH to get a grip. Have you never been told to "bang your heads together" or told to both get things sorted?

Ive had dogs all my life. Lots of puppies. I dont ever recal having to watch them 24/7. Unless the pups are new born and without their mother then there is no reason that you cant take 3-4 hours to go out in the evening! Whats he going to do during the night? Inject Amphetamines into his eyeballs so he wont sleep? The pups should have a secure area to play/be. If this is the case then the worst that will happen is somethimg gets chewed, a little wee and some poo. Also seeing as it isnt a solitary dog it wont get lonely either so it gives a little more room for manouvre.

As for your smoking - he knows you smoke. He knows you havent stopped. He doesnt like it. So well armed with mints and toothpaste you go out of sight, puff away and come back smelling all fresh and clean. If he doesnt like it then tell him its tough **** and stop being so scared to upset him.

SO i apologise for upsetting you. But i dont apologise for my WTF comment as im still sat here wondering where all the sense went in the world!



~Phoenix~ is my Little Sister of Awesomeness and Self-Delusion :P
Bitter Angel is my Mitten
Animad is my Top Trump
All Im Living For - Is my beautiful and special daughter who isnt called Kim but will moan if i dont add her :P



Margo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:55 PM   #8
tifflehan
 
tifflehan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Leeds, UK
I am currently:

All this aside, I know if I had to go in a house where there were birds as pets, I'd need more than the odd smoke!!!! You'd have to drag me in kicking and screaming! So I kinda see where ya coming from in a phobia kinda way. xx



SERENITY is my RYL mum.
SOLO is my RYL auntie.
SEFKA is my RYL daughter.
DAYS GONE BYE is my RYL sister.
JEFFERSON.MERIWETHER is my RYL son.
OLINESS is my RYL son.


tifflehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:04 AM   #9
-Stewie-
da quen b
 
-Stewie-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London
I am currently:

ninjapenguin you didn't upset me, I just read that comment at a time where I wasn't in the mindset to take it as anything but criticism. you've posted on several of my threads in the past and always had comments that have helped me put things into perspective.

in a nutshell: yes heads need banging together. I think I need some space for a while- I'm clearly in a bad mindset for something like this to get me so worked up.

the dogs are just overpampered. they are over a year old, have each others company and have the garden and a room with a gate in which to run around. it's ridiculous that apparently that isn't enough for them...

I agree with the smoking comment. I really need to start taking the 'I'm going for a fag end of' stance.

tifflehan, I don't mind them in the general vicinity (dogs that is), just as long as they don't come near me. When they are in the garden/gated room I am happy the other side of the gate playing with his cat, but would feel uncomfortable their side of the gate, or if the gate was opened. The cat feels the same- we tend to stick with each other xD



"Zeus did not want man to throw his life away, no matter how much the other evils might torment him, but rather to go on letting himself be tormented anew. To that end, he gives man hope. In truth, it is the most evil of evils because it prolongs man's torment."

-Stewie- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:07 AM   #10
The Midnight Crazies
100% Honesty
 
The Midnight Crazies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Venlo, The Netherlands
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiryuu Zero View Post

I agree with the smoking comment. I really need to start taking the 'I'm going for a fag end of' stance.
Wouldn't that make him jealous? Sorry couldn't resist, trying to get some humor into this thread.

Personally I'm quite a dogophobe and I wouldn't help my partner dogsitting. I'd take that "if you smoke I'm not coming near you" BS either. Fine stay away then, really.









The Midnight Crazies is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:51 PM.