RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-05-2011, 09:49 PM   #1
Doikers
Louder Than God's Revolver and Twice as Shiny
 
Doikers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wales , UK
I am currently:
Getting over this

Should I not have grown out of this , I started injureing at 14 , I'm now 30 , should I just man up and get over this ****? I try but I fail time and again, it's almost easier to cave in and injure, I have relied on her for over half my life. when will I be able to quit ? if ever.



I'm still not comfortable in my skin and the anasthetic's slowly wearing thin - Otep
Everyones lost but me! - Indiana Jones

It's okay , they know me here .

Kahlia1981 is my adopted little sister :)


''Courage doesn't always roar , sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow"

Doikers is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 01-05-2011, 10:33 PM   #2
SoMuchMore
-Laura-
 
SoMuchMore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: USA
I am currently:

Mark,

Its not something you can just grow out off. It's an addiction. Try not to look at it as a repeated failure. Because its not, every time you get an urge and don't SI, its a victory.

Don't think of yourself as "told old" for this. Because there is no set time for recovery. Its when you are ready and able to do it. And I know you will get there eventually.

You can do this.



<3

forgiveness is the release of all hope for a better past
- buddy wakefield

I won't give up if you don't give up



SoMuchMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:55 AM   #3
Cazki
14/6/2007 -
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I am currently:

You are not a failure at all, far from it. Your always supporting other members and your very caring and kind. You can do this. I know its hard but self harm isnt something you can stop just like that. Please dont be hard on yourself, i realise that its easier said than done but please dont give up, we are all here for you. Keep safe

Take care best wishes Ian



14/06/2007 -

Cazki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:13 AM   #4
dazed1989
Cynically optimistic most of the time.
 
dazed1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: U.K
I am currently:

You just have to do what feels right for you... When I resist the urge to actually cut usually I'm replacing it with something else whether it be getting into a fist fight with myself or going for a few beers.. neither of which are any good for me (especially as I'm not meant to drink)
Don't worry about the when's and if's, just live life and you'll find contentment one day!
Good Luck.

dazed1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:27 AM   #5
Sefka
 
Sefka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
I am currently:

"Should I not have grown out of this?"

I think that's something everyone in Vets has felt at some time or another. But I don't think it's something you can just 'grow out of' - it's something you have to decide to fight against. And when you can do that has nothing to do with your age.

'... it's almost easier to cave in and injure.'

Yes, that's definitely the easier option. But you know it's not the better option.

'When will I be able to quit?'

Who knows. But I think you will be able to quit some day. And I really hope you keep working towards it, even though it isn't easy.
I hope you can use this frustration to help you, rather than drag you down.

Stay safe
xxx


Last edited by Sefka : 03-05-2011 at 01:35 AM. Reason: burble



Каждому, каждому в лучшее верится,
Катится, катится голубой вагон!




Sefka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:05 AM   #6
OkieDokie
 
OkieDokie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
I am currently:

SI doesn't discriminate for age, ethnicity, gender or class. It's a coping mechanism that anyone at any time can fall into. There's no time limit and you're definitely not a failure--not at all. Please stay safe and like others have said, don't be too hard on yourself. The day will come when you will be strong enough to be able to face the world without SI. Until then, find your reason/s for fighting and stick to 'em.

Take care xx



"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein :)

OkieDokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:20 PM   #7
tifflehan
 
tifflehan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Leeds, UK
I am currently:

I'm 39 and still at it.



SERENITY is my RYL mum.
SOLO is my RYL auntie.
SEFKA is my RYL daughter.
DAYS GONE BYE is my RYL sister.
JEFFERSON.MERIWETHER is my RYL son.
OLINESS is my RYL son.


tifflehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:16 PM   #8
crazykat
Fight for another day
 
crazykat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Australia

It's not something you should just grow out of, however having said that it is something you can recover from. You will recover in your own time, you have to be ready for it.



"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."


crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:44 AM.