RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-04-2011, 09:36 AM   #1
flutterby butterfly
Blu
 
flutterby butterfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: UK
I am currently:
Help with letter to GP & Psychologist please

I want to write a letter to my GP, as I recently applied for DLA, got rejected & realised that actually my GP knows nothing about me or what’s wrong (mentally). I also really need them to understand the severity of the pain that I’m in & of my physical conditions. Can anyone help? I have no idea how to write it and I don’t want to sound like I'm attacking them, I'm just desperate to be heard & understood.

I also want to say to my psychologist that I don’t agree with what he wrote on my DLA forms & that he answered questions I don’t feel he is fit to answer e.g. about self-neglect etc. as he is not in my life on a daily basis.

Would really appreciate some advice



Previously unicorn-tears

In a burst of light that blinded every angel
As if the sky had blown the heavens into stars
You felt the gravity of tempered grace,
falling into empty space
With no-one there to catch you in their arms


Kahlia1981 & silentgirl are my RYL sisters
Plumeria Sister

flutterby butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:17 AM   #2
tiptoes
Forum Mod
 
tiptoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK
I am currently:

Firstly, I'd write a list of areas you want to talk about in the letter and possibly in what order you want to put them.

I would then start the letter about the situation which has lead to you to be writing to her/him. Something like, "I am writing to you following being rejected for DLA. I am trying to understand the reasons behind the rejection and whether I should appeal the decision." Then move into the points you want to make.

Best of luck



In my dreams I slew the dragon


tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:42 PM   #3
~Grace~
 
Join Date: Jun 2007

Can I ask why your doctor and psychologist were involved in completing your form? I completed mine with the help of my cpn and then normally the DLA get intouch with your doctor if they need more information.

I really hope your appeal goes through and its successful and that you doc and psychologist listen to you and are helpful xx

~Grace~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:31 PM   #4
startingagain
 
startingagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009

I'd write notes and talk to them personally. I assume that you see the psychologist on a private basis as if your GP had refered you then they would know that you were having difficulties?

startingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:48 AM.