RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15-03-2011, 01:38 PM   #1
Emmabob.
 
Emmabob.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
I am currently:
couple of questions.

does anyone feel, wrong, for lack of better words cutting in certain areas?


like i had to cut my left arm, & i have to cut my right leg. anything else seems wrong. like, i cant cut my right arm, cause it feels pure weird, same goes for my left leg. can anyone else relate?


2nd question - does anyone else get really bad moody-mardy-arse-ness when they havent cut in a certain amount of time?

Emmabob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2011, 01:41 PM   #2
adygriffith
 
adygriffith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Loughborough
I am currently:

i dont do the cutting areas, i stick to both my arms.

I dont get mardy, but i feel very distant from everything and it increases the suicidal thoughts alot more :(
so a mood change is definitely a standard thing
x



Nobody knows me im cold
Walk down this road all alone
Its noones fault but my own
Its the path ive chosen to go
Frozen as snow I show no emotion whatsoever

adygriffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2011, 02:40 PM   #3
JaffaCake.
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Manchester, UK.

I can't cut my right arm either, it's too weird for me. But my left arm is the only place I cut anyway. But if on the odd occasion I cut my leg, it's my left one again. I don't like hurting my right side for some reason..

Not sure about the second question. I can't say I really noticed.

JaffaCake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2011, 03:29 PM   #4
ashes to ashes
SmallBoyOnHerBike
 
ashes to ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
I am currently:

i always cut on the left side, mostly because i am right handed. i have cut once on my left side it was too weird.



take one step at a time, keep your head held high, and your eyes on Him, always.


ashes to ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2011, 09:28 PM   #5
IdleButDeadly
I climbed a pyramid, I think I can do this...
 
IdleButDeadly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canada
I am currently:

I use to mostly cut on my right arm, because I'm left handed. Eventually I ran out of room and started on the left, so learned how to do that... I ended up doing it on the left the most after that, so when I got my tattoo I put it on that arm as a reminder not to do it.

Now i just do it on my legs. For a while there it was only the left leg, again, ran out of room and have switched to the right. I will only do the inside of my arms/top of my thighs though. I've seen people do their ankles/calves/biceps etc. and to me I can't do that. It wouldn't feel "right"

As for getting moody; I get jittery when I haven't done it in a while. I twitch around like a chihuahua on speed and my mind tends to start to race. It usually gets to a point where it's ALL I can think about, until I do it. And then it's a sense of calm and life is back to "normal".

I hope that isn't too much detail... just trying to answer honestly ;)





IdleButDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2011, 09:36 PM   #6
marisajade
SI has become my addiction. My bestfriend.
 
marisajade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: London
I am currently:

I only cut my left arm. i am right handed so it might have something to do with it. But i have tried and it hurts to much. my left arm has become numb to pain now. i do it all the way around too. top and bottom. Legs just feel wierd for me.

2. I am a very angry and emotional person anyway. but i think it does have an effectl.



"This girl's seen a lot of pain but this girls gunna smile again, she knows that a flower grows everytime
It rains and this girls got a lot of dreams, she knows that tommorrow aint what it seems, she might not solve a mystery tonight...
But this girls gunna be alright"

marisajade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2011, 09:41 PM   #7
Leo Pard
Flem Fatale
 
Leo Pard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Nurmengard
I am currently:

1. No
2. Yes.




The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.


I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.


Leo Pard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2011, 09:46 PM   #8
Lyddie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010

1 - Yes, it doesn't have the same effect if it's not on my upper thighs. Though it can be either leg. Also, I have an issue with not considering it to count as SI if I do it anywhere else, which is really silly I know, but hey that's the way my brain works.

2 - No, I don't notice it affecting me in that way.

Lyddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2011, 09:50 PM   #9
Laura2.0
 
Laura2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Germany

I don't cut my left thing. It just feels wrong... I do cut my left ankle though.

I don't know if it has an effect on my mood when I don't cut for more than a few days, because that doesn't happen much.



You survived the abuse.
You're gonna survive the recovery.

- Olivia Benson

Laura, Ginger, Cassi, Luna, Joni, Lena


Laura2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 08:27 PM   #10
amyk
Amy K
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
I am currently:

i can cut anywhere to be honest. i tend to do it on my hips because it is easy to hide. i have done it on my right wrist, left arm and shoulder (although didnt give me satisfaction because shoulder skin is harder to break) left anke, left thigh.
i do tend to get abit touchy when i havnt done it for some days.

amyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 09:20 PM   #11
lonely_hope
I'm not worth the air I breathe
 
lonely_hope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: US
I am currently:

I mostly just cut where it's accessible and 'easy' to do it. I'm right handed, so normally where I can reach with that hand. After not cutting for a while, it really starts getting to me. Even if I'm in a good mood, I feel like I have to do it :/



"God take me, because I hate me" -Underoath
We are male and female. We are artists, athletes, and students. We have depression, PTSD, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, or maybe no diagnosis at all. Some of us were abused, some not. We come from all walks of life and can be any age. We are every race or religion that you can think of. Our common link is this: We are in pain. We self-injure. And we are not freaks.


lonely_hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2011, 03:29 AM   #12
perfecx
after the darkness, colors of this world blinding
 
perfecx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: united states
I am currently:

i couldn't cut my wrist they always just looked to clean to mess up.

- hmm dunno-

perfecx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:08 AM.