RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-03-2011, 06:23 PM   #1
confusedslut
 
confusedslut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
I am currently:
feeling numb

do you ever just feel numb? right now im sitting here trying to work out how i feel.
im not happy, im not sad. i feel no emotion.
im simply tired, tired of not feeling anything or feeling too much.
and im scared of when i will all of a sudden get this rush of emotion.
i could either be the happiest girl in the world, or i could be thinking about suicide, then i can change from one to the other in a split second.
i just want to feel normal emotions like everyone else, for once.

confusedslut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:57 PM   #2
-phoenix-
Lucy J.
 
-phoenix-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Manchester, UK
I am currently:

I know exactly what you mean. I actually think thats the worst way to feel, for me, anything can happen when I'm numb. And I tend to go to further extremes just to feel. Numb is like no mans land, stuck in the middle of nothing. Sorry, I know I'm not exactly saying anything useful. But you're not alone, and I hope you're ok...xXx

-phoenix- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:02 PM   #3
Laura2.0
 
Laura2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Germany

I know the feeling, too.

Sometimes it helps to listen to music, happy music or sad music or whatever else there is. It can help to start feeling again if that makes sense.

I guess everybody is different though



You survived the abuse.
You're gonna survive the recovery.

- Olivia Benson

Laura, Ginger, Cassi, Luna, Joni, Lena


Laura2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:30 PM   #4
lonely_hope
I'm not worth the air I breathe
 
lonely_hope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: US
I am currently:

*hugs* I know that feeling... pretty unpleasant :/ It's so weird... I can be so happy one moment, then so depressed the next. Or vice versa. Do you think you could go for a walk or something? Sometimes I find that helps to not feel so numb. Or maybe doing something you enjoy and brings good feelings.

I hope you're doing alright with this... send a PM if you want to talk

*more hugs and love*



"God take me, because I hate me" -Underoath
We are male and female. We are artists, athletes, and students. We have depression, PTSD, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, or maybe no diagnosis at all. Some of us were abused, some not. We come from all walks of life and can be any age. We are every race or religion that you can think of. Our common link is this: We are in pain. We self-injure. And we are not freaks.


lonely_hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:24 PM   #5
Allythisisme
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
I am currently:

You pretty much summed up how i feel, in a twisted way its nice to know im not the only one feeling this. most of the time i feel so apathetic, numb. my friend who knows about my SI asks how i feel and i honestly dont know what to say as i myself have no idea. i no longer have good and bad days but good or bad hours. i wish i could tell you something more helpful, a way of stopping it, but all i can say is that your not alone.

Allythisisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2011, 01:06 PM   #6
confusedslut
 
confusedslut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
I am currently:

even not hearing advice, just knowing im not the only one so i dont feel half as crazy is just as good :) i can go frfom one extreme to the other so quickly it mad.

confusedslut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2011, 11:10 PM   #7
JaffaCake.
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Manchester, UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedslut View Post
do you ever just feel numb?
All the freakin' time.
Half the time, I forget that I even have emotions.
I don't really have much advice but I wanted to let you know you're definitely not alone in this one. I hope you're okay.

Take care,
Em x

JaffaCake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2011, 11:15 PM   #8
Gone.
 
Join Date: May 2009

Yes I do. All of the time.
Take care of yourself.



Left.


Gone. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2011, 11:18 PM   #9
Picturesque
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rural Pennsylvania

That's normal-ish, at least, for SIers. I'm numb constantly (I have been for a few months), and it sucks. Not sure how common it is with depression, but it's a really common thing with SI, from my experiences.



"We're called to hold our hands against the wounds of a broken world, to stop the bleeding."
-Don Miller


Picturesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:20 PM.