RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-03-2011, 12:39 AM   #1
running
the ignored one
 
running's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I am currently:
Delibrate brusing

I have recently taken up this form of self harm and was wondering if anyone else does it too and knows any way to stop it as I have no clue.



We are only people, and people aint perfect. So why do you exspect me to be.

You can't hurt me more than I hurt myself so why do you keep trying?

Wishing everyone Good luck with whatever they are going through. x

running is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:48 AM   #2
Confused_Reality
 
Confused_Reality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011

I do this too. So just so you know I'm here with you. Would like some advice also...

Confused_Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:00 AM   #3
Celticroots
 
Celticroots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: United States
I am currently:

Hitting myself is one of my main forms of self-harm. To stop, you need to find out why you self-injure. Any type of self-harm is a symptom of a deeper problem, and you can't begin to recover until you find out what function bruising yourself serves for you.

You may want to get help from a therapist concerning this. It may be scary, but some therapists are really good and can help. I am currently in therapy partly for my self-harm, and I found it helpful in finding out why I SI. If you can't find out why you self-harm immediatly, that's okay. Be patient with yourself. With hard work and insight, you'll begin to find out why you SI.

If you feel triggered, you should try and do something that keeps your hands busy. Getting exercise also helps. You could: journal, play an online game, go to the gym, paint or a draw a picture, knit or crochet. You could also get a punching bag to punch when you're triggered.

You're not alone! *big hugs*

Celticroots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:01 AM   #4
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it
 
PassedExpectations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Upstate New York
I am currently:

i think that alot of the same methods for avoiding cutting or burning can be used for bruising as well. the other coping mechanisms and distractions. can you identify what the emotion or situation behind wanting to bruise yourself? if you can figure out what that is, you can figure out a way to express it differently and get through it without hurting yourself.




this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.



PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie


PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:02 AM   #5
Confused_Reality
 
Confused_Reality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011

Thanks celticroots. Its so nice to feel like other people understand how I feel.

Confused_Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:03 AM   #6
running
the ignored one
 
running's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I am currently:

Thanks guys but I tend to do it at night and am not easily diracted. I still dont know why I s/h so i best try and find that out first. Thanks x



We are only people, and people aint perfect. So why do you exspect me to be.

You can't hurt me more than I hurt myself so why do you keep trying?

Wishing everyone Good luck with whatever they are going through. x

running is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:07 AM   #7
Ettie
E.T.
 
Ettie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Zealand
I am currently:

I struggle with bruising.
sometimes its in an atempt not to do other stuff.
Just showing support!!




Doing what you love can be the loneliest time of your life
A climbers day starts at the crux, getting out of bed.


Ettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 03:48 AM   #8
MunchBox
I threw my pie for you.
 
MunchBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ettie View Post
I struggle with bruising.
sometimes its in an atempt not to do other stuff.
Just showing support!!



Sweetpea
♥


MunchBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:32 AM   #9
Mad Dps
Sammy-Chan
 
Mad Dps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ohio,US
I am currently:

I do the same thing...altho sometimes i would hit myself in places that people could see...hoping that someone would notice and ask.
I know i'm really not helping, but i felt like letting this out. =)



"Without changelled there is no achievement"


Mad Dps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:30 AM   #10
Lissy10
 
Lissy10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
I am currently:

I sometimes do this.
Although I don't really know any suggestions.
I usually bruise to distract from cutting or burning, so I kinda feel like I don't need to be distracted from bruising...but I guess that's wrong.

Hope you find something that helps to distract you.

x

Lissy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:31 PM   #11
running
the ignored one
 
running's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dps View Post
I do the same thing...altho sometimes i would hit myself in places that people could see...hoping that someone would notice and ask.
I know i'm really not helping, but i felt like letting this out. =)
I do it on placess where people notice but I cant stand them to see. Its not bad that you want people to see tho it shows you want help xxxx



We are only people, and people aint perfect. So why do you exspect me to be.

You can't hurt me more than I hurt myself so why do you keep trying?

Wishing everyone Good luck with whatever they are going through. x

running is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:01 AM   #12
GlitterTrashDoll
eZine Editor
 
GlitterTrashDoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sheffield
I am currently:

I know alot of people that do this, so I just wanted to let you know that you are definetly not alone.



DILLIGAF



"it’s when you’re acting selflessly, that you are at your bravest"
- Four.
♥


GlitterTrashDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:24 PM.